i cant decide between these two

should i buy the sony kdl 40v4000 or the samsung le40a656?

• sony kdl 40v4000

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • samsung le40a656

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

donnajunkie

Standard Member
hi,
i am torn between two lcd tvs. i have seen good things said about them but also bad things. they are the sony kdl40v4000 and the samsung le40a656.
in this review for the sony it says something about failing to apply 3:2/2:2 pulldown to 480i/576i film based content even with film modes set to auto. among other things.
Sony KDL40V4000 / KDL-40V4000 Review

in this review for the samsung it says the 100hz function causes interpolation artefacts like tearing among other things.
Samsung LE40A656 LCD HDTV Review Verdict: Highly Recommended

so the question is are the issues listed within the cons for these tvs bad enough that i should not even consider these tvs or are they minor issues?
which tv should i go for?

Last edited:

donnajunkie

Standard Member
thankyou for your reply and to the people who have voted so far.
i guess i need opinions from people who own one of the tvs. i also need to hear bad points(if any) as well as good points. to be honest if i get one and it is great i wouldnt care if the other one happens to be even better. i just dont want to end up with a tv that has a poor picture or not even better than our current tv. our current tv is lg 32lx2r by the way.

ChrisGgr

you can go for the 40W4000 as well or for little more the 40W4500

donnajunkie

Standard Member
you can go for the 40W4000 as well or for little more the 40W4500
is the 40w4000 that much better? i would love the 40w4500 but it seems to be £1100 everywhere except maybe the tiny independant stores which i dont trust since i got ripped off by one years ago.
i keep hoping to hear of a really good deal. i believe sony centres had a really good deal on a tv in august. i wish they would do that again. at the moment it looks like i am going to wait for the january sales and hope that one of the tvs i like gets reduced then.

ChrisGgr

The 40W4500 is at £869 I think from richer sounds!

donnajunkie

Standard Member
The 40W4500 is at £869 I think from richer sounds!
how good are they? especially for online sales and delivery. i went into their local store recently and i wasnt impressed. how come they have such low prices? is it bankrupt stock or excess stock from places like currys and comet?

ChrisGgr

neither of them,just that they want to do sales!

suba

Novice Member
Richer Sounds are the real deal - genuine and honourable.

I have bought from them for over twenty years now.

I highly recommend them BUT some of their salesmen can push certain brands. It is recommended that you do your homework first before visiting a store....

Normally their stock is new and still in sealed boxes.

Last edited:

ChrisGgr

yeah thats the impression I have about them djudging from the comments here

ChrisGgr

very good deal,thats it!

GOLFATHER76

would you go for this deal?

SONY KDL40W4500 40" 100Hz LCD TV - Cheap SONY LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, HD Ready TVs

with the flat25 code and the deltv code i can get it for £881.99. there is one catch it says i would have to wait upto 28 days for delivery.
have a look here http://www.robertwhyteltd.co.uk/index.php?SK=b868515e415e8f9777cf08efab5c42dd&W21ID=117

i think this deal is much better + they will give you 3 years warrenty for free or 5 years for only £29.99

best of luck

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom