I can't believe what some people think !!!

SillySausage

Established Member
Reaction score
:hiya:

I have recently posted on another forum trying to assist a plasma customer who got sold the wrong screen, and was met with this comment....

' Pioneer plasmas are the best but they don't start till £2800 '

I responded....

'Bit of a sweeping statement

I do not generally give reccomendations out as every viewer has a different perception of good, although I have yet to see any Pioneer regardless of price come near my screen

Admittedly they are amongst the best, especially if you've been suckered into buying a Tiny or Techwood plasma.. '

To be met with ...

'u get a Pioneer DV868 dvd player connected the the 434 plasma, connected by HDMi and you'll see what i mean. Pioneers are the best plasmas, full stop.'

I wonder if he has a point, or if he is a little short sighted.

I have looked at the 434, and thought mine looked better (PHD6 42"), but some people are obviously not allowed to have an opinion.. :mad:

LOL seen that loads of times, its such a pity people appear so knowledgeable when its clear they havent a baldy clue a well set up 434 compared to a PHD is a close call on Cartoon DVD's the pioneer has the edge, on Sky the panny gets it, depends on what you want but i did meet a guy who had a PD1 (1st gen panny screen) it got replaced with a 434 by insurance company, and he reckons the panny was better! Which forum was it? Point them to the Mega Test thread..............................:rotfl:

Many people are not the least bit objective about their own stuff. I change most of mine as often as some folks change their pants, so cannot afford such attitude. It's true the 435 looks great with DVD via HDMI, but 1 signal does not make it the greatest plasma, there needs to be more to it to deserve such an accolade. I find them appalling sometimes on scart, and no tweaking makes them much better. They need a very good signal to shine, in short. Doubtless when everything is connected with HDMI they will really come into their own, but I expect a lot of other panels to look good then, likely even the Koreans will get their act completely together before HD is mainstream. By which time the 'next' display technology will be appearing from Japan!

Hiya HD, (edit - and MAW ;) )

I have to admit I don't normally respond to threads and posts like this one in particular, but the guy annoyed me instantly..... lol

It is over in talk audio (Car hifi).

The majority are well versed in audio/video etc, as they have a genuine passion for all things audio and video, however this guy will not budge :suicide:

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?t=120257 is the thread if you have a couple of minutes to kill ;)

tbh, looking at it again, they guy is possibly clued up, but it was the statement that annoyed me so I rose to it.... :devil:

am basing it on the fact that i used to sell them and we used to stock all the major brands- JVC, Philips, Pioneer, Panasonic, LG etc. The Pioneers had the best blacks, most realistic flesh tones and best colour depth. Granted, the Panasonics were next best, but there was a clear lead. You do pay for this though- £1700 for a Panasonic Viera and £1100 more for the Pioneer.
I'm not expecting you to retract your statements, as a Panasonic plasma owner- it ain't going to happen, but imo, Pioneers are the best, full stop.

Well He is no more than an ex high street monkey, no one has ever tried to claim pioneer has better blacks before
Anyway no offence Twonks (love your avatar) but i have always found that Car audio forums are only slightly above PC modding Forums for pure Monkeys....................
Panasonics have a better profit margin than Pioneers, and Panasonic sales incentives give £50 per plasma sold whereas Pioneer doesn't offer any incentives.
I guess this is why Panasonic's are said to be the best so that the salespeople get more sales
This too is rather suspect I reckon he is Ex- DSG, perhaps someone could find out where this so obviously enlighted soul worked :rolleyes:

PS i could do with some help on the car front tho.........

hornydragon said:
Well He is no more than an ex high street monkey, no one has ever tried to claim pioneer has better blacks before
Anyway no offence Twonks (love your avatar) but i have always found that Car audio forums are only slightly above PC modding Forums for pure Monkeys....................

This too is rather suspect I reckon he is Ex- DSG, perhaps someone could find out where this so obviously enlighted soul worked :rolleyes:

PS i could do with some help on the car front tho.........

Thanks for the comments on the avatar. Tis a nice bike, just need to ride the thing more instead of sitting playing on pc's :cool:

I have made my last post on that thread now. Cannot be bothered to waste any more time, and I will let said bod sit happy with his thoughts, and expensive hifi... lol

As for the car audio people attack... Well, I'll have you know my car audio will blow the socks off anything your plasma can do so their :devil:

Seriously though, the guys on their are actually a good bunch of knowledgable folk. They are not the typical max power type toilets, and they are generally very helpfull when it comes to car audio.

Anything outside of their chosen field is a little sketchy though, as has been proved by this thread... lol.

btw, if you do need some assistance with the car, drop me a PM and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks i may do that, I am skinted at the moment but have been offered a decent deal on some incar speakers, problem is i havent heard them, but they must be better than the OEM GM units in at the moment and having an estate i have 2 pairs of components 1 in each door and ia bit nervous about ripping my doors apart, also need to upgrade HU but ideally want to avoid a seperate AMP (yes i know this isnt ideal)

Any way having had a quick read of http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=7 seems quite few of them could do with finding a decent source of information......................its a pity that there are so many people missing out in the world

EDIT: MAW you Cheeky GIT (The white one blew up............sold it for £20 and now have a positively just run in 109,000 miler but lacking the High pressure Turbo of the old one.....:( :( :( i do miss that car)

That guy is a loonie and anyone who declares that plus he states in telling everyone his HiFi is "high end" in his siggy is losing it man...Ive got a killer HiFi system but i dont write high end as if it s abrand!!!!......... :rotfl: lol!

I have tried to help a few people in talkaudio by pointing them towards this site for advice on home av, and hopefully a few of them may have taken up the advice.

Just out of interest I looked at this guys profile, and the first picture is of him stood with his arms deffiantly folded, surrounded by some surround system - In a bedroom. Says it all really. :rolleyes:

For somebody who knows so much about audio, the other pics suggest he should read up on the importance of keeping cables and wires tidy :devil:

hornydragon said:
Thanks i may do that, I am skinted at the moment but have been offered a decent deal on some incar speakers, problem is i havent heard them, but they must be better than the OEM GM units in at the moment and having an estate i have 2 pairs of components 1 in each door and ia bit nervous about ripping my doors apart, also need to upgrade HU but ideally want to avoid a seperate AMP (yes i know this isnt ideal)

Any way having had a quick read of http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=7 seems quite few of them could do with finding a decent source of information......................its a pity that there are so many people missing out in the world

EDIT: MAW you Cheeky GIT (The white one blew up............sold it for £20 and now have a positively just run in 109,000 miler but lacking the High pressure Turbo of the old one.....:( :( :( i do miss that car)

Sounds like you may be a Saab fan. Good man if you are ;) I am still wanting a pre vauxhall 900 Turbo 16S, but finding one in top condition is near impossible. (Not to mention we have no space to keep it and no real need whatsoever lol )

What are the speakers you've been offered?

Your right about the amp being the best way, but a lot of the new head units are quite powerfull and sound nice if the speakers are installed properly.

Drop me a PM any time about the car audio.

Cheers,
Adam.

my last motor was a saab 93 convertible...beautiful...really miss it but had to get practical and get something i can get the dogs in

Is that Gizlaroc on the original thread? Only just read it. If Rory has spent £9k on ICE for his Focus, he certainly must need to get out more.

MAW said:
Is that Gizlaroc on the original thread? Only just read it. If Rory has spent £9k on ICE for his Focus, he certainly must need to get out more.

Haha

I can't beleive you guys are laughing at the thread on the talkaudio forum, I have only ever made 5 posts on there but that guy really annoyed me to the point I had to say something.

And yeah, why would you spend £9k on ice for a Focus!? :eek:

gizlaroc said:
Haha

I can't beleive you guys are laughing at the thread on the talkaudio forum, I have only ever made 5 posts on there but that guy really annoyed me to the point I had to say something.

And yeah, why would you spend £9k on ice for a Focus!? :eek:

I agree, the guy got my back up instantly, hence I made the remarks originally.

On the second thread, were he accuses me of cyber stalking, I really wanted to go to town on him and tear him to bits, but I just cannot be bothered as I feel my time would be wasted. If he replies to my last message with any more stupid comments then I will.

Although tbh, most of the guys on there are good on car audio, as I think HD is finding out ;)

The trouble is that when they venture off into subjects that are not car audio related and start spouting off like wooareee has, it becomes annoying to the nth degree.

Not for a very long time have I felt the need to show my frustration over another forum member.

It seems to me that from certain posts, this guy knows something. But if this knowledge is gained through training courses and press releases as opposed to actually listening / watching the subjects in question, then how valid are his opinions?

I would love to meet this guy and actually listen to his car and home system.

Granted his car should sound quite nice, but I'd love to hear him try and sell it to me. :lesson:

I ahve tried car audio forums before, but so full of people i would rather set to fire to than take advice from................I fancy getting a Transit VAN a smaller genny and a couple of proper HC subs and going cruising....normally they are more opssed with Watts and Inches than an Essex Hooker with a VET fetish

Poor old Rory, should we all cyber stalk him do you think? I wonder if his engine has enough power to make the stereo run? Is that ever a problem, not enough alternator? One of my installs has 3 phase power, what do you do in a car?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom