I Cannot Watch Recording Programme

chrisbaker42

Prominent Member
Reaction score
While not wishing to complain about the new epg, every time I have tried to watch a programme from the beginning while it is still recording gives a failed recording and requires a reboot to get the box working again. This is with my original Thomson box and it is the only problem I have. It always seems to happen when I want to watch a rugby or football match that has already started.

Is there no solution to this, it was never a problem with the old epg.

Now if I miss the start of a match by 10 minutes I either have to not watch that part of the game or wait until it has finished.

I can only assume this is your box at fault.

Some Thomsons seem not to have adapted to the new EPG that well as if they had PSU issues or only one input working well that was OK via the old EPG but not on the new.

This is not a problem of the new EPG itself as any box working correctly should be able to do it.

We record Countdown every day and watch it on chase play (ie start to watch from the start when it is still recording) and have had no problems at all using the new EPG on a Pace box.

You could try a reboot. And/or check your signals to see if you have both working fully. Try that before and after the reboot as it might be the problem.I know you say a reboot does work temporarily but you need to know if this is the No Signal problem that is causing it as that is very common.

Check the threads on here with No Signal in the title as they have other suggestions.

If this does not work call Sky and tell them the new EPG has messed up your box and they will come and replace it, But do not let them charge you for it - which if you argue politely they should accept.

They are not exactly unaware how many Thomsons have gone gaga thanks to the new EPG.

Last edited:
Sorry but the reboot doesn't solve the problem it just enables me to watch tv again. Also I do not have the no signal problem as I have a decent signal strength on both inputs. The only problem is that as soon as I try to as you put it chase a recording the box freezes and the recording fails. In all other aspects the box is still working fine.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom