1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot seem to get what I want!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by myjess, Jul 28, 2005.

1. myjess

myjess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking for:
    32" LCD
    HDTV
    2yrs or greater warranty.
    Integrated freeview
    PIP/POP/PBP - as many P?P as possible.
    Possible to run PC at 1280x1024.

AS cheap as possible in the UK?

Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks.

2. pjskel

pjskel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Give us a definite budget and we can narrow the possibilities down or advise what you gain by upping the budget that some other brands command.

3. myjess

myjess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Less than 1000ukp. Ideally less than 900ukp shipped to Northern Ireland. Tall order I know but give me ideas please. I may be able to stretch to 1000ukp but no further.

Thank you.

4. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only one I know of that will come inside your budget is the Philips 32PF5520D.

Cheapest I've found it is here: http://www.prcdirect.co.uk/PRC/PRC.storefront/EN/product/32PF5520D

for £954-53 inc. VAT and £20-00 Delivery to N. Ireland.

Spec from the Philips Site is here: http://www.consumer.philips.com/con...&proxybuster=MAUWWDEGBRMEXJ0RMRESHQFHKFSEKI5P

Only has 1 year Warranty though but does have PIP. TBH for your budget I think it's about all you're gonna find :(

By pure fluke I'm about to fit a 26" version of one of these today at a friends house so if you want any feedback send me a PM next week and i'll let you know my thoughts.

Hope this helps. ;)

5. paulfoley

paulfoley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Surely if he wants to run a PC at 1280x1024 he will need a 1920 X 1080 panel. You are not going to see one of these under a grand for a few years though!

:)

6. gavsteryoung

gavsteryoung
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yes I agree..... a 32inch LCD will be the wrong aspect to run a PC at that resoultion...... you need to be looking at standard 4:3 LCD TV's, and I dont think there are that many..... my Dad has a Aquos 20inch LCD that does all that but is not HD Ready... so thats a tall order!

7. SteveW70

SteveW70

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry didn't look at the PC bit. :oops:

Not gonna get that resolution for under 1K. :(

8. myjess

myjess

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought that I could not get that resolution but some 32" LCD tv's do. Althought for some reason they recommend 1280x768, but they will do 1280x1024. I think the relisys rlt3200 and the H&B HL-3200B can do this but they are not freeview.

I was just about to buy one of the Samsung LE32R41BDX TV's. These are digital HDTV that have freeview built in. But, only one year warranty, only does PC inout thru 15pin vga plug. But for 900ukp approx including delivery, I think it is a bargain.

Other messages state that LE32R41BD has freeview but it ain't. It's HDTV alright but no freeview.

Thanks guys.

9. braveknight

braveknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BD (or BDX) DOES have freeview. B (or BX) doesn't. They are different models / codes.

10. matt_p

matt_p

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I think they actually are just able to accept a higher res signal, but downscale it to fit. ie. My hitachi 32ld7200 accepts resolutions way higher than it's native 1366x768, but will downscale them to fit the screen. The picture from a higher res won't be as good as inputting the native 1366x768 res in the first place.