I cannot get sound through on my Philips HD LCD TV from my Sony DVD HDMI player pls h

Beeha

Standard Member
The tv has a DVI connection and the dvd player has HDMI so I first had to purchase a converter connection. I also have to have rca cables L/R out to back of TV Input to get sound.
Once all setup I can get picture on a DVD through by pressing the av button on tv remote and selecting HD, but there is no sound. If I press av again and select av/s-vhs I get the sound for the DVD but no picture. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks in advance

TV is philips PF5320/01
DVD player is Sony DVP-NS76H

T

trevor g

hi, if you an av amp connect either an optital lead or coaxial digital lead from
the dvd player to the amp. you need this with hdmi connections as this is a
digital source. usually hdmi to dvi can cause some problems with sound and
hdcp compatability between the leads. analog stereo leads between dvd
player and tv dont usually work either regards trevor

nwgarratt

Is there anything in the TV setup to get audio working with DVI?

analog stereo leads between dvd
player and tv dont usually work either regards trevor

At least stereo leads are needed to get sound with DVI as DVI does not carry sound.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
The tv has a DVI connection and the dvd player has HDMI so I first had to purchase a converter connection. I also have to have rca cables L/R out to back of TV Input to get sound.
Once all setup I can get picture on a DVD through by pressing the av button on tv remote and selecting HD, but there is no sound. If I press av again and select av/s-vhs I get the sound for the DVD but no picture. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Many thanks in advance

TV is philips PF5320/01
DVD player is Sony DVP-NS76H
I have just d/loaded a manual from the Phillips site for the tv and on the back, right hand side (looking from the back) at the bottom of the row of connectors is "DVI AUDIO IN" looks like a 3.5mm jack connection to me.

hope I got the correct manual as the number came up with a 20" and a 23" tv for that number.

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom