I cannot change my display settings!

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by stevedavison_6, Feb 11, 2009.

1. stevedavison_6

stevedavison_6
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a university student living in halls of residence. I have brought down my ps3 from home where it is used on a 42" Panasonic HD tv. I use a hdmi cable to play on it. I changed the settings when at home to standard but it wont play on my tv here which is just a standard television set about 6 or 7 year old.

I then went to go and use my mates television downstairs as he has a HD ready samsung and a HDMI cable. The game works fine but when i choose to quit the game via to ps button the whole screen goes blank and comes up with 'Mode Not Supported' or something along those lines.

So, the game plays, but i cannot change my settings to make it work on my own television :mad:

Any ideas guys? Would be much appreciated!

2. COOPERMAN

COOPERMAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    If you hold down the power button on the ps3 not the controller for 5 seconds it should beep twice and revert to default settings and let you see it on your TV

3. cols

cols

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +517
    Sounds like it's set to output video over hdmi - you may have changed it to sd resolution but it's still outputting that over hdmi, so when you connect it up with scart / av multi you're getting no picture.

As above, you need to do the soft reset when connected to the sd tv with scart / av multi - from standby press and hold the I/0 button until it does a couple of beeps - it'll reset to the lowest resolution. You can then go and redo your display settings as necessary.