I can read but I can't understand!!

T

TonyR2013

I have searched the threads and I believe I have found what I need to know except the explanations are not detailed enough for someone as new to all this as me. May I explain?
I have an old Panasonice S42 DVD player and I also have its original remote control. I live in Canada and almost all of my DVDs and BDs are NTSC region 1 but I also have a few region 2 PAL DVDs. I would like to 'hack' the Panasonic S42 to avoid the "This disc may not be played in your region" message. Instructions are provided on this site to do this but I need a little more complete information before I can follow them.
One remedy says, and I paraphrase, ...
"The IR code to make the S42 region free is - 0082 0015 0089 0004 00F2 0033 0017 0010 0091 0013"
It goes on to say these codes can be entered using a PocketPC, which I don't have, or a Palm, which I no longer have. I am assuming - correctly? - these would be delivered via the IR port on these devices?
The other remedy, the one I hope to use, seems to be to use the original remote to send the following sequence

Enter, 6, >=10, <<, 00F2, Audio, 8, 1, Subtitle, 4

3. Player will reset and set to "region-free" and "RCE-free" mode
It seems the original remote is unable to send the 00F2 piece in the middle. and then I found later in the thread where a member HawkEye Gnu had programmed a Kameleon 6 remote as follows:

On the Kameleon:

Choose [DVD], [Magic] long enoughfor the rabbit, [0490] to set for a Panasonic DVD. Then set up a special command by choosing [Magic] long enough for the rabbit, [994], [Magic] (only one quick press), [143], then choose a key to which the command will be assigned (I chose "1" on the keypad).

I then did the sequence using the Panasonic remote, and the Kameleon:

Enter, 6, >=10, << (on Panasonic)

1 (on Kameleon)

Audio, 8, 1, Subtitle, 4 (on Panasonic)

I own a SONY RM-VLZ620 remote which can learn codes from other remotes and codes can be assigned to particular buttons so I am hoping I can substitute the SONY remote for the Kameleon. I have no idea what to enter into it because I don't know whether there are equivalent set up or instruction codes for the SONY and although I have searched the web I'm not really sure what to look for.
I hope someone can help me on this? It seems from some of the posts that there are many members who are very knowledgeable with this stuff. I'm hoping someone might be able to send me instructions on what I need to do Thank you :)

The remotes being reffered to are oneforall remotes which AFAIK are not available on your side of the pond. One of the OFA remotes was called the kameleon. here One-for-All | Universal Electronics Its likely you could use another Oneforall remote but not the sony.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom