• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I bricked my DENON AVRX3300 receiver

bobohifi

Novice Member
Nothing helps....even power button does not work. I have to use power button on remote.
I tried usb firmware update, it gives me error....I download it from USA denon site....

I tried regular resets CH + & - and power button
also zone and source button and power button

nothing helps

I have no more idea....I will never buy DENON again in my life....it is horrid. I should have never update firmware

rpr

I take it your in the States hence dowloading from USA Denon site?

bobohifi

Novice Member
no i am in europe, I bought denon on amezon germany....i cant find firmware for europe....this is awful....i bet it is the same firmware for all over the world but it just does not work

dobrykamil

Distinguished Member
i bet it is the same firmware for all over the world but it just does not work
Well, I've got bad news for you.. it's not I'm afraid. Some Denon's services (due to licensing and different law) are not available for europe market and vice versa, hence firmwares for the same model have different size (in MB) and checksum. There used to be website, where you could download FW, flashing tools etc, but it has been taken down couple of month ago.

bobohifi

Novice Member
so what kind of company denon is that you cant get firmware for your model? I WILL NEVER BUY DENON IN MY LIFE AGAIN....it was expensive and I cant even update firmware without breaking it.....GARBAGE...maybe I will make a youtube video how I smash my denon to pieces if I dont resolve this....

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom