• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I break a DS every month or so

lanny

Standard Member
Hi,
I only play hockey on the PS3. I have gone through six new wireless DS since April. What happens is that the right stick's springs get broken. I do not hit is with a hammer, just my thumb.

I am seeking an advice:

1) Is it repairable?
2) Is there a sturdier alternative?
3) Should I just give up playing :)

It is rather costly this way.

Thanks

russd1978

Established Member
I think you're doing something wrong here - you must really push hard on the sticks? Can't you just lighten up a bit when playing?

russd1978

Established Member
Its interesting - I'm guessing you're not a dainty little flower like me... but I think other people have similar issues, its strange how a special "tough" controller hasnt been released by a third party yet, gap in the market there. Sorry I dont have any solutions for you, it must get expensive!

lanny

Standard Member
Well, I have two grandsons with whom I play and they do not take it well when the controllers are broken. I stopped buying because the grandma was getting a little upset. So the new pair sits there ready for play when the boys show up and I do not touch it (which is a big effort on my part).

Dave H

Prominent Member
I have killed three controllers my self playing call of duty.
The R3 button wears and goes lose so you end up knifing all the time.
They are poor quality for what they cost.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom