1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I blew me tosh rpj

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by 2shy, Jun 7, 2001.

1. 2shy

2shy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got my new toshiba 56who8b a few weeks ago, fap picture (it didn't have any of the problems reported in these forums).

But then, disaster struck! :rolleyes:

I attached my dreamcast to me tv via me s-video out, turned the dc on and got nothing. I pressed eject on my dc, and suddenly the tv crakling, and then made a loud pop. :eek:

I looked at the back of my dc, and realised that the av connector was the wrong way in!

I turned sky on, and almost cried when I saw the picture - everything was horribly out of focus, beyon recognition. I went into the convergence menu, which showed the green cross hatch to be a good 2 inches thick!

Any ideas?

Cheers!

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Don't tell anyone what YOU did and claim warranty ...

3. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Yeah. Pretend to be a right thick Mick, not that you are in any shape or form for plugging said DC in wrong way. If any one asks any questions explain yourself by doing this. :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :eek: :( :mad: Hope this helps.

4. 2shy

2shy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I just got off the phone with tosh - I just said that I paid alot of money for the set and I do not expect them to brake down in the first week of operation. They agreed, and said they would send out a new one, pick up the old.

Sounds great, but... they aren't going to check the fudged up tv are they? These faulty sets just go in a large warehouse like at the end of that raiders of the lost ark film, yes? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the help, hopefuly I will have my new set soon. Just as well though, there was a chip on the mdf, and although there was no colour banding problems or convergence (and very little blooming), the left hand corner was out of focus a bit.

While I'm here, why (when I use me component sockets) do only pal dvds autoswitch between 4:3 and 16:9, my NTSC ones do not?

Cheers. :cool:

5. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ah, not to worry about exchanging the set. Don't think they will 'interrogate' you after checking it at the repair center, and if, you don't know anything. ;)

Once they are at your house ask them to calibrate the TV properly as this is normally necessary after moving (or transport in this case) a RPTV set.

6. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    Thats the good thing about buying from a retailer and not direct from the manufacturer. The retailer who you deal with aint bothered a jot what youve done to it as long as they keep your money. The manufacturer can't hassle the retailer as the cause of the problem is irrelivent. So your well sorted mate.
    I have the 46" model and thats a beast in its self. 56" must be the Beamoth of all TV's. :eek:

7. Frustin

Frustin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah and not only that the blokes that come to pick up the TV wont be 'TV repair' blokes they will be 'pickup-stuff' blokes that dont give a stuff what they are picking up or what they are dropping off.