1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bet this is an FAQ

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Retronana, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Retronana

Retronana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    I'm in the planning stage of converting my garage in to a "Media Room"
    I wish to get as many AV wires/leads out of site when its finnished, I don't want to channel the leads into the walls, as I need the room to be flexiable for the future.....

Age old question, easy ways to hide all the clutter..got any gems :cool:

2. bigmacx

bigmacx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I channel all my wires round edge the living room in white metal tubing (cheaply purchased at Homebase). Since it's the same colour as the skirting board it completely blends in and is only noticable if you actually look for it. At the very least it's much tidier than having lot's of strands of cable.

Hope this helps,

Mac.

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WHy not chisel out a good size cavity behind the skirting and just make it so it is removable, either with a few screws of spring clips. Most of the skirting in my living room is held against the wall by furniture with channels behind for wiring. It was fixed once but then I ripped it all off and failed to get round to a fixing method.

Don't tell 'er indoors though. She'll find out when we move and all the skirting falls off.

S

4. Retronana

Retronana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    Your secrets safe in this forum;)

I spoke to our "odd job" guy at work today, he recomended some truncking...so your method could be down the same lines.

Any other ideas...anybody ?

5. themadhippy

themadhippy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    depends on your budget,the ultimate solution would be to use 3 compartment dado trunking,either plastic or metal, looks like skirting board ,but a little deeper,with a clip on lid,you can even mount sockets outlet plates ect directly into the trunking,have a look at http://www.marshall-tufflex.com/elec/default.htm
    most decent electrical wholsalers should be able to help
    hippy

6. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I run all cabling (except power) around my roon using square white trunking. B&Q sell a self adhesive variety for about £6 per 2 meters. The good thing with trunking is that you can get a whole variety of connectors to make the routeing around a room far more discrete.