1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i-Berhard 9" TFT Portable Dvd Player - any good?

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by terryc, Nov 27, 2004.

1. terryc

terryc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking to join the in-car DVD community this Christmas. I have budget of around £200 pounds. From research two players seem to be my favourites :-

1. i-Berhard 9" TFT Portable Dvd Player - £199.98 from ebuyer
    2. Shinco SDP1720A portable DVD/DivX player

--------------

Has anybody any experience of owning i-Berhard 9" TFT Portable Dvd Player ?

I found the player listed on ebuyer website at

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=75387

I believe it's also listed on Amazon and badged as i-Home ID900
    see http://www.i-home.com.my/detailpage.asp?section=dvdplayer&page=iD900

---

The Shinco SDP1720A portable DVD/ DivX player, although smaller screen looks potentially better build quality with DivX

Be interested in any ones comments.

TIA :)

Cheers
    Terry

2. StevePn

StevePn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi
    Was looking at those models, but decided on the Panasonic DVDLS50EBS, Waitrose selling at £349 BUT try www.richersounds.co.uk at an amazing price of £243. And the best bit is that Waitrose/John Lewis will price match and offer 2 year warranty. :clap:
    Steve

3. terryc

terryc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your info, Steve.

The price match is a great tip! :smashin:

I do like the idea of the DivX support, I guess it makes the player a little more future-proof (if that's possible with electronic goods these days!).

I checked for details on the Panasonic player. Does the Panasonic provide DivX support?

Cheers
    Terry

4. dolph

dolph

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    No

5. AVJunky

AVJunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received a shinco 1720A from allcam.biz for approx £210 inc delivery and case. The quality of build and picture looks excellent and would deffinately recommend it. The sound quality is adequate and widescreen looks pretty good. These players have an allly top not plastic which is a massive difference. I thouroghly recommend allcam.biz aswell, really nice and helpfull with speedy trackable delivery. :thumbsup:

6. BuzzLightyear

BuzzLightyear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ditto for me. Got one last week. allcam.biz delivered next day with no problems whatsoever. Quality is great, the menu system is clear and easy to understand (its the same as my Yamada full size divx player). Has played all the disks I have put in it including some very "touchy" -RW's I had kicking about that really struggle to play.

Divx is the way to go - I can get 4 of my DVD films on a single DVD no problem and saves the originals getting damaged.