I assume mainly Male on here, but females Ugg Tall or Short

p1tse

Classic Ugg - Tall or Short?

Jenn

I'd say it depends on the height of the woman. A short woman with tall Uggs will end up looking even smaller with the boots getting up to her knees while a tall woman wouldn't have an issue.

Iccz

Distinguished Member
Not female here, but it's also going to depend on what they want to wear them with... jeans (either tucked in or worn over) or a skirt etc.

figoagogo

Short = Cheaper :laugh:

kav

Distinguished Member
Have you not got an option for "UGGS - DISGUSTING AND SHOULD BE BANNED"? ;)

mjn

Distinguished Member

p1tse

Short = Cheaper :laugh:

true
also been hinted to short ones now ;-)

all to their own on fashion i guess and other half has been talking about them for ages!

hinted brown, but it's going to be a compromise

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
none of the girls i know have the tall version, fair few of them have the short though, they claim they're comfortable, i think they're bloody ridiculous looking

riprse

I'm a women & would have tall chocolate ones. Best to ask her as they are alot of money to chance getting it wrong.
You know why we women love uggs? It because for years we have had our feet crammed into high heels & have spent our days in pain. Now we have something that's comfortable & is in fashion. We won't be giving the up in a hurry.

Last edited:

DJT75

Distinguished Member
I'm a women & would have tall chocolate ones. Best to ask her as they are alot of money to chance getting it wrong.
You know why we women love uggs? It because for years we have had our feet crammed into high heels & have spent our days in pain. Now we have something that's comfortable & was in fashion. We won't be giving the up in a hurry.
Corrected for you :smashin:

IronGiant

I rather like them :) But I've only ever seen them on nice women...

riprse

You know you could always get her the high leather riding boots by Ugg. Riding boots are very on trend at the moment & will still have the Ugg on the back that every women wants.
I have a pair & love them. Abit more expensive but will last ages.

Chox1988

Distinguished Member
I rather like them :) But I've only ever seen them on nice women...
Good point, shoes will only look as good as the woman in them.

You know you could always get her the high leather riding boots by Ugg. Riding boots are very on trend at the moment & will still have the Ugg on the back that every women wants.
I have a pair & love them. Abit more expensive but will last ages.
That's sound advice imo, plus the rest of us know absolutely nothing about shoes around these parts :D

riprse

Not sure what's chav about a £300. pair of boots but each to their own.
Thanks for removing those post i wasnt gonig to bother reporting them as was feeling whats the pont.
Been awhile since someone stepped in on my behalf, clearly someone heard me after all.

Last edited:

ste v p

Not sure what's chav about a £300. pair of boots but each to their own.
Burberry is pretty expensive but that doesn't mean it can't be bought by 'chavs'. Remember the craze about 10 years ago...

As for Ugg boots, I'm not a fan. They tend to make women look flat footed, especially if they end up being badly worn. You might have seen it when the wearer stops walking on the sole of the boot but rather the inside of the body of the boot as it gets crumpled over probably because they are too loose. That is Uggly!

ste v p

There are lots of styles of uggs not just the classic ones.
True, there are. However, I still think the classic boot defines Ugg boots just as the Burbery check defined Burberry for a while. I'm not saying that Ugg boots are chavvy at all - that was someone else , I'm just saying I don't like them (and never have) based on the look afforded by the classic boot. I think they have become a victim of their own success and now people dislike them because they are so common.

Classic Ugg:

Burberry check:

def

How women think they look when wearing Uggs:

How women actually look when wearing Uggs:

The sooner this stupid fashion trend dies, the better. Ugg boots are not attractive. Go home and change, woman!

kav

Distinguished Member
Uggs are hideous no matter who wears them. Even if the hottest girl in the world was wearing a pair, I'd still think "nice girl, shame about those stupid ugly farm boots".

My wife ordered a pair the other day. :(

Berties

Banned
Uggs are hideous no matter who wears them. Even if the hottest girl in the world was wearing a pair, I'd still think "nice girl, shame about those stupid ugly farm boots".

My wife ordered a pair the other day. :(
Nuke her from orbit, it's the only way to be sure. :laugh:

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
The only reason I said they were "chavvy" was because almost everyone I see wearing them has very worn, tired looking Ugg boots and is usually carrying a Primark bag.

In all fairness they might not be wearing official Ugg boots but as others have mentioned it's one of those things that women wear and think look good but most men absolutely loathe, like leggings, gladiator-styled sandals and large bug-eyed sunglasses.

Last edited:

Jenn

I don't particularly like them but seeing how it's mostly men who complain about the look while women like the comfort and warmth of them, I say "good on you women!!". They walk in something that's not killing their feet.

If men had their way we'd be wearing stilletos to walk around in snow ;)

mjn

Distinguished Member

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
I don't particularly like them but seeing how it's mostly men who complain about the look while women like the comfort and warmth of them, I say "good on you women!!". They walk in something that's not killing their feet.

If men had their way we'd be wearing stilletos to walk around in snow ;)
I agree that people should wear what's comfortable but something like trainers are just as comfortable and much better looking than large hobbit feet...aren't they? :)