I apologise for this stupid question!!

acs1

Standard Member
I have a Yamaha 530RDS powering my eltax monitor III fronts, eltax symphony centre and gale rears......I have my Sky Digibox (went it works) attached to the amp using analogue connections, DVD with coaxial. Due to only having one scart socket on the back of the TV, I have connected my VCR through its scart socket using an adaptor with Composite video and L&R analogue sound to my TV. I am then connecting the TV to the amplifier by L&R leads!!
If you are still with me so far thankyou for your patience!!
Everything works well apart from the VCR which refuses to play in Prologic II mode and sound only comes from the centre speaker. I have hooked up the VCR straight into the amplifier but that does not seem to help. It is an Awia VCR. i have found in my manual that it is a monaural sound but what is this!!
Can you help!!

Adam
 
M

MikeK

Guest
Sadly you need a Hifi Stereo VCR to get what you want.
A mono VCR just gives a single channel of sound (not that high quality either to be honest), there is no stereo matrix to decode, and hence no ProLogic.

You could try one of Yamaha's DSP modes which may offer some improvements though!
 
T

Taz

Guest
Originally posted by acs1
It is an Awia VCR. i have found in my manual that it is a monaural sound but what is this!!
Can you help!!

Adam


Adam, monaural sound is single chanel, not stereo, go get yourself a NICAM VCR if you want any sort of suround from VHS.

Taz.:cool:
 
T

Taz

Guest
Originally posted by MikeK
Sadly you need a Hifi Stereo VCR to get what you want.
A mono VCR just gives a single channel of sound (not that high quality either to be honest), there is no stereo matrix to decode, and hence no ProLogic.

You could try one of Yamaha's DSP modes which may offer some improvements though!

Just beat me to it Mike! :D


Taz.:cool:
 

acs1

Standard Member
I thought this was the case...but had to check..thanks for all your help!!!

Adam
 

Guest
Originally posted by acs1
I apologise for this stupid question!!
dont,you'll probly get a stupid answer. whoops you already did :D sorry mikik
 
Why chip? It was the perfect, infact the only answer or do you have a better soloution? If so please forgive my stupidity and enlighten us all.
Regards,John.
 
T

Taz

Guest
Originally posted by John wilks
Why chip? It was the perfect, infact the only answer or do you have a better soloution? If so please forgive my stupidity and enlighten us all.
Regards,John.


LOL! go John, go John! :D :D :D


Taz.:cool:
 

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom