1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I apologise but here is another what film is this posting

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Wild Rumpus, May 13, 2005.

1. Wild Rumpus

Wild Rumpus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I saw this fim on TV in the late 1980s. It was an animated fim and featured some small creatures that hatched out of giant flowers, there was an old man with a metal plate on his head who turned out to be the small boy from earlier in the film - he was attacked by giant insects hence the metal plate on his head.
    I'm afraid that I can't remember much else about the fiim - it was beautifully animated, though, possibly Japanese? :confused:

2. AndyCob

AndyCob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    The name of the film is Time Masters. or Le Maitre du Temps and it is actually French based on a french sci-fi novell called the orphan of perdide. It did have both a DVD and vhs release at one time but beware the DVD only has a french language track with english subtitles. Most annoying as I didn't check before getting it. Just assumed that since the vhs is english it would be on the DVD.

3. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    from amazon.

After making "Fantastic Planet" Rene Laloux made this imaginative animated feature. "Time Masters" ("Les Maitres du Temps") about Jaffar (Jean Valmont), a mercenary pilot, who travels across the galaxy to save Piel (Frederic Legros), a young boy, from giant hornets on the planet desert planet Perdide. Then there are a series of other adventures and a rather surprising ending. What makes this unique is that the famous graphic artist Moebius (Jean Giraud) of "Heavy Metal" fame did the original animation sketches to this visually striking feature which I found a lot better than the cult classic "Fantastic Planet." Watch them back to back and see if you do not agree. This 76-minute animated film from 1982 is in French with English subtitles. --This text refers to the VHS Tape edition

4. Wild Rumpus

Wild Rumpus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Excellent guys - thanks a load for the info! It was one of those films that I caught on TV, thought "that's great" and then promptly forgot the title. I'm usually happy with subtitled films (although obviously, with animation, dubbing is much less of a problem).