I am one or the few that have experimented with cables but......

IWC Dopplel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have I, would I spend £5/m on cable, yes. Sometime £10 even. Have I listened to some very expensive cables at home (expensive for a reason, cotton in oil wrapped high purity silver etc) yes, and have I bought any expensive cables ? No, not because some weren't better but not better enough to justify the price in my system(s) Do cable matter ? IMO Yes, but in context along with everything else in the chain, like resistors, internal wiring, circuit board layout, power supply topology, capacitor choice and so on. No component is perfect so its the imperfections you want to minimise. Its almost a shame that some companies are so off piste with ripping people off that it stops those looking for some cheap gains experimenting with some better quality cable than some products are supplied with.

What idiots actually believe that any cable can provide a value added gain at £50k for a pair off interconnects, it would be like paying £10k for a tyre valve on a performance car !

If I was a shop selling high end or any kit I would refuse to retail this out of principle :nono: even if some lottery winner with a low EQ wanted it

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 08.43.49.png

AudioFools and their money are so easily parted.

IWC Dopplel - straying into all manner of territory once you start to discuss this type of product and just the concept that someone, presumably more than one person, has the capability to purchase it.

Joe

This has been battled over so many times on the Forum. One camp will call the other camp fools for spending so much. The other camp will retaliate by calling them fools for not spending that much. Goes round in more circles than a fair ground ride.

IWC Dopplel - straying into all manner of territory once you start to discuss this type of product and just the concept that someone, presumably more than one person, has the capability to purchase it.

Joe

Whilst I hear you the ability to spend this much wasn’t actually the point, there will be hundreds of thousands of people able to spend £50k on something. I wasn’t a political point, it was the reality that a company has actually marketed it and Ricardo is promoting it, like it’s something that has a job to do that deserves a £0.5m bill. If this was the case the components need changing IMO

PS I was sent a link to the catalogue by Ricardo - Absolute Sounds, i found it somewhat shocking and dissapointing at the same time

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom