I am not getting 4k-HDR through my Yamaha RX-V581 on Windows 10 PC

zaselim

Novice Member
Hello everyone.
So like the title says my receiver (Yamaha RX-V581) is working fine on my PS4pro/PS5 (full 4k/60-HDR) but its not giving me 4k resolution on my PC instead it shows 1080p as native. But when I connect the PC directly to my TV (using any of the 2 HDMI cables I am using with receiver and PC) it works fine and gives full 4k/60fps/HDR. The same cables work perfectly on my PS4Pro/PS5 as well with the receiver so I don't think that it is a HDMI cable issue. I have already set my hdmi mode to 1, on the receiver.
What could be the reason for me having this issue?
I'll really appreciate the help, Thanks.

Edit: Ok so i have a new development, In my TV(Samsung mu7350) for me to get 4K-HDR I have to enable the "HDMI UHD Colors" option without it it doesn't give HDR. Now I turned it off on HDMI-ARC (where receiver is connected) the signal from receiver automatically went to 4k but now the HDR is disabled and i am not even getting the option in windows 10.

dante01

Distinguished Member
If you've already set the 4K Mode to Mode 1 then there;s no reason why the AV receiver wouldn't be able to paassthrough HDR encoded video content.

Again, ensure that the cables are not to blame, both those from source to AVR and from AVR to TV. Note that the ability to convey the signal to a display without the AV receiver being within the signal path is no idication of a cables actual quality or abil;ty. Just because it can do this is no indication that it will when the AV receiver is handlibng the sifgnal.

zaselim

Novice Member
If you've already set the 4K Mode to Mode 1 then there;s no reason why the AV receiver wouldn't be able to paassthrough HDR encoded video content.

Again, ensure that the cables are not to blame, both those from source to AVR and from AVR to TV. Note that the ability to convey the signal to a display without the AV receiver being within the signal path is no idication of a cables actual quality or abil;ty. Just because it can do this is no indication that it will when the AV receiver is handlibng the sifgnal.
So to be sure I need to get high quality Hdmi 2.0 or 2.1 cables and connect with them and see what happens. Are there any high quality display (1.4) to hdmi (2.1) port convertors you know of?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Cables are not categorised by HDMI version numbers. You'd need a cable rated HIGH SPEED (18 Gbps).

Neither your TV nor the AV receiver have HDMI 1.4 chipsets and they are both eqquipped with at least HDMI 2,0. They's also both be HDRCP 2.2 compliant. No, there's no convertor and no convertor would be required.

I'd suggest the following cables as being both reliable and affordable:
Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom