1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am nearly decided...

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Rebecca, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Rebecca

Rebecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much research, I will be purchasing a Sony 350 from Pixmania this week.
    Since it is a kind of big investment :suicide: , I would appreciate if anyone can support this decision, so that I feel a little more confident. Any previous experience with the 350 and/or Pixmania is very welcome.

Thanks.
    Kisses.
    Rebecca. ;)

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I used Pixmania to buy my digital camera last year. Awful experience - they clearly don't keep much stock (they are based in Paris by the way) and it was truly dreadful trying to get an accurate delivery date from them. They kept me up to date via email with delivery dates but these were never kept to. I emailed them several times to complain but never really got anywhere. Eventually the box with my camera and all accessories arrived - I opened it to find the camera was missing ! it turned up a week later. In all it took me about 8 weeks to get the camera - The only plus point was that whenever I rang up their helpline to complain they always offered me the option to cancel my order and receive a refund (yes they ahd deducted all the money off my card up front !) It was a case of sticking with it since I had 'invested' so much time already. All in all - I would recommend you use another supplier. sorry not to be more postive, regards, yt.

3. Plugman

Plugman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best place to buy a camcorder IMHO is Jessops they will match many websites (do a price runner on the camcorder you are interested in and take that in). They wont match any that are based offshore (ie Pixmania)

4. geeWcee

geeWcee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I got both my video camera and digital camera with pixmania - ordered at different times. Both were delievered within 48 hours and I had no problems with them aswell as finding them to be the cheapest. Jessops would not price match Pixmania at the time.
    Worth checking if they do now though.

5. antaine

antaine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Avoid Pixmania and Simply. That Simple.

I was unaware that pixmania were a french copmpany and my canon 700i did the tour of europe before it got to me. (Difficult to get replies about delivery from them) Also I had to email them an I.D. with photo on it before I got to become a member, which dealyed the process by a day or two. I've had so many good dealings with companies like fotosense.co.uk that I would never go to pixmania (and don't get me stated on simply!)

I'm sure some people may have had good experiences with them, but not me
    Good luck