I am happy with tvdrive.

kmark40

A little thread to say that I have hardly any problems with tvdrive. I am on my 2nd box due to the hdmi socket on the first going, but I have had 0 problems with this one. Must admit that, ITV HD going is unfortunate, but it was a channel with no ambition whatsoever. I'm sure that once HDTV gets off the ground then, we can look forward to more freeview channels providing a HD channel. Thats if the recent test broadcasts in London are anything to go by. :)

radriderx

A little thread to say that I have hardly any problems with tvdrive. I am on my 2nd box due to the hdmi socket on the first going, but I have had 0 problems with this one. Must admit that, ITV HD going is unfortunate, but it was a channel with no ambition whatsoever. I'm sure that once HDTV gets off the ground then, we can look forward to more freeview channels providing a HD channel. Thats if the recent test broadcasts in London are anything to go by. :)

I got mine on Monday and must admit am pretty pleased with it.

BTW how long have you had your tvdrive?

kmark40

July 14. Dont know if i am the exception to the rule, but all you tend to see on these type of forums are people airing their frustrations. Maybe the ones who are perfectly happy with tvdrive have no cause to visit a forum such as this?

Nivek TT

Distinguished Member
I've had TVDrive since March and I love it.

I too am on my second box, had a couple of resets butmotherwise no issues at all!

ITV HD won't be missed IMO, but come on Flextech / Channel 4 give us some HD!!!!

Argee1977

Hopefully Telewest and Sky can work a deal to get us some more channels, and reports are there will be more channels available next year, but in all honesty Telewest have been honest with their selling of the box, they never stated there'd be hundreds of hours worth of HD content, it was more sold on the fact it has 3 tuners, pausing/rewinding TV, etc.

Lets just hope next year a few more channels come along with HD content, Flextech do have a few good shows such as CSI that would be amazing in HD, and they could buy the series in HD, show it as SD on LivingTV and HD on a Telewest/NTL channel, as they could do with most US shows. I guess there must be plans for something like this with the NTL roll out of boxes.

dan1979

I'm perfectly happy with the TV Drive as a piece of kit (first one died with HDMI problems) and C4 on demand is nice but the lack of HD content is what I bought it for and so it's going straight back when the year is up unless sky sports HD is forthcoming.

Timbo21

I had mine replaced recently due to the HDMI socket. The engineer said he is always replacing the TV Drives.

deem

IMHO, TvDrive is a complete heap of *****. It's easily the most badly designed and implemented AV software & hardware I've ever had the misfortune to own.

N

neillbt

:oops:

Up till today I have never had a problem and I can honestly say that I have been happy with TW and their service. I have a HD telly but not too bothered about HD contentent. I ordered a second box for the kids at £5 per month and it is probably the best fiver spent.

Watch me footie in peace

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom