• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I am green!

Rankiz

Standard Member

I have my router in the first floor, together with my computer. I have CAT5 Network cabel from the router and down to the PS3 in the basement, playing on a HD projector with HDMI cabel between the PS and projector.
How shall I be able to play movies without lag and such? Should the CAT5 cable g
o from my computer and straight to the computer for best performance? Do I need HDMI cable from computer and all way down to PS3? (talking 40m with calbe)

So, for this I need a good media streaming program right that can tackle these formats? What would this media streaming program be?
Code:
MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, AVI, MKV, MOV, VOB, TS, M2TS, H.264

I want to stream my movies from the computer in first floor, to the PS3 in the basement, and not small movies neither. I want to be able to play HD movies from my computer and also normal movies. Someone know a good streaming program for this? Btw, I am also totally green on this.

Rankiz

Standard Member
Read the media guide, link below, install PS3 Media Server, job done.

Is this good enough for streaming HD movies?
x1bus9.jpg

Rankiz

Standard Member
Why am I unable to to turn on "enchanded multicore support for H264 HD content"?

pms-eng-transcoding-mencoder1.jpg

My computer is high end build with 8 cores btw.

Rankiz

Standard Member
"enchanded multicore support for H264 HD content" When I click it, it pop up a message that this option is for a computer with 2 or more cores and I am not able to enable it. Tho, in PMS setting I have my 8 cores enabled, lol? :S

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom