1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am going to buy a plasma very soon HELP!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mcav, Jun 24, 2005.

1. mcav

mcav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I have been searching the forum, and I can't find the answer to my specific question so please help me if you can. I need to make the most informed choice I can.

I am going to buy a 42" plasma screen. I have up to £2000 and not a penny more.

I would like a plasma that has HDMI and is fully HD compliant for Sky HD. I also need it to be wall mountable for space reasons.

I'll be connecting a DVD player, Games console and Sky digital to it as well. They will all currently be scart connections, so it will need at least one scart connection which I can split using a scart box.

But the HDMI bit is important to me for Sky HD when it comes out.

Please help.

Thanks

:lease:

2. dodgydaz

dodgydaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You could get a Hitachi 7200. They are retailing for a shade under 2 grand at Richersounds. If you want a 5 year warranty tho, ask John Lewis to pricematch Richersounds. They did it with me straight away over the phone.
    This is HD ready and is 1024x1024- although people do say that is not proper HD, there are not a lot to chose from at the moment. This panel also has HDMI and is DHCP compliant so Sky will be Ok when it appears next year...oh and as a gimmick, it has a motorised stand so you can move it with your remote.

3. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    why do they say that?

4. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ^^^ Search any number of threads on Hitachi and ALiS... Frankly, though, the only conclusive test is your eyes. And though the HItachi picture looks fine to me, it is eclipsed by both the Pioneers and the Pannys. As you can see from my sig, I went the PV500 route (you can get the PV500 for under 2K if you try), and not a second of regret. Though I do love that motorised stand!... :)

5. Jazz Monkey Jr

Jazz Monkey Jr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,525
    You can get the 42" PV500 for £2170 from RGB, and sell the ES10 for about £150.
    Totaldigital are doing it for under £2000 but make sure it is a UK spec (TH42-PV500B)

6. mcav

mcav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Thanks very much. Popping down to richer sounds to get the hitatchi 7200 and a nice shiny dvd player to boot. :) :)

:clap:

Motorised stand eh? whats that all about :)