• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

I am finally the owner of a 32" LCD!!! (32s3000)

villan1413

Established Member
First I would like to say thanks to everyone thats given me there opinion on 32" lcds :thumbsup:

And to say thanks I will give my opinion and a few pictures! First of all you shold probably know I have nvr properly compared this tv with another so I cant comment on picture quality really.

When I first turned the tv on it quickly searched for analogue and digital channels (took about 1 min for both). Then I got a chance to plug everything in and noticed that the default settings werent bad at all but they do look better now i have changed them a little and i am sure they will get a lot better with an optimser dvd.

I personnaly think the design is nothing special but Sony are famous for this look and all the people that dont have a clue about tvs will just ask what make it is and when u say Sony they will go wow! thats a gd brand :D

I wont bother with talking about the inputs cause u can just find them on amazon or any shop, so I will talk about the sound. There are 4 different sound options but there all very similiar so I just asked my sister which she preferred and am now sticking to that. I should probably also mention that i cant here any humming or buzzing even when i put my ear nxt to the tv but i expect there is some but my 360 is covering the noise up lol.

I will now try and talk about the pic quality but ive nvr compared it to another so I dont really know if its gd or bad lol but ive currently got my 360 running through vga and my wii through a scart. At first i had my 360 through component but the picture was terrible :rolleyes:. Im not sure why but now thats its through vga its looks incredible and wii looks fine 2. I cannot see any motion blur on either and the blacks look completely black to me. Seems very sharp even when close to the tv and viewing angle doesnt seem to affect the colours.

I will post some pics in a min :smashin:

Please feel free to ask me any questions you have about the set as I will be happy to help as well as i can. Just dont ask me whether you should get the s3000 or the r87 or anything like that as I dont know.

villan1413

Established Member
Heres a pic of my 360 through vga (i will post pics of tv when u its light enough to see in the mornin or maybe i'll turn my tv off at some point so my phone doesnt think its too bright for the flash)

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00045.jpg

DSC00043.jpg

ChrisGgr

Distinguished Member
Hi!Nice one.Just to remind you my S3000 owners thread where you may ask anything and put a full review

villan1413

Established Member
I decided to make my own thread cause i want to keep adding to it and i wanted to say thanks to everyone thats helped me :smashin:

BioTerra

Standard Member
Hi, is there any lag when using the wii remote with the wii, like does the pointer move immediately when u move the remote or does it lag behind slightly? Also i would reccommend using the wii through a component cable as it drastically imporves picture quality.

thanks

villan1413

Established Member
I just did a quick test and if it does lag its not at all noticable by me :D

And i will buy a component cable asap as the wii pictures isnt impressing me at all lol. I just hope wii through component doesnt look as bad as 360 through component or i might have a faulty component slot (cant think of the write word)

villan1413

Established Member
Ive recently noticed that the reception is really bad with the remote. I have to stand very close to the tv to get it to work at all :mad: (about 5 ft). The wii remote seems a bit shakey aswell so is it possible im getting some interferance?:confused:

villan1413

Established Member
I have decided that the wii remote problem was only temporary know and since getting sky and using the remote more I have realised it helps if u point it at the right spot so its a matter or learning where to point the remote lol :smashin:

I have also got sky HD which looks absolutely amazing and I have also compared it to a 37" technika which i have to admit is no where near as gd and the difference is even more noticable in SD which the s3000 seems very gd with for an lcd :thumbsup:

mrbeannn

Established Member
hi could you post some pics of another 360 like fifa or halo a bit less close up as im thinkin of getting this tv, also are dvds impressive on this tv? thanks:thumbsup:

earlybath

Established Member
I have decided that the wii remote problem was only temporary know and since getting sky and using the remote more I have realised it helps if u point it at the right spot so its a matter or learning where to point the remote lol :smashin:

The Wii Remote uses IR, if your room is brightly lit or there's sunlight coming in that affects the performance of the wii remote (as well as pointing it in the right direction).

villan1413

Established Member
Sorry for not replying earlier Mr Bean, havent looked back here in ages but anyway- the picture looks much better in real life then in those pics and it would be the same in any pics i took as it's limited by my camera phone.

And about the remotes- i have find it is not a problem i just have to point the remote at the ceiling ( :confused: )

And about DVDS- the picture quality is about equal (maybe a bit worse) then my sony wega that is in the lounge. While that doesn't seem that gd, it is much better then any other HD tv i have compared it to.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom