1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I also only want to buy a telly

Discussion in 'TVs' started by tony french, Sep 21, 2001.

1. tony french

tony french

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Denon AVF100, Pace sky digibox, Sony VCR (Smartlink)and a Sony 4:3 28" TV.<br />The VCR Moulates the Sky Signal for all house distribution.<br />I thought I would like a 36" Widescreen TV then I started reading reviews (must be a big mistake). <br />My favourites started with Panasonic then drifted through Sony, Toshiba and now Hitachi.<br />With the Denon, the sound quality of the TV should not be so important but I would like to have multiple screen modes (PIP etc)<br />I feel like walking into Currys and just buying one that looks good.<br />I know that this is wrong but the choice and the constant mini-problems that seem to be associated with nearly every TV is frustrating.<br />Should I moderate my requirements to a 28" TV where there appears to be more choice, this may even make my dilemma worse.<br />I'm not even sure whether there is a proper question here, but I'm sure there must be others experiencing similar circumstances.

Anyone have any bright ideas.

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba sets have good quality audio pass through which is handy when you an amp.

ie you can connect the vcr and sky up via scart and then carry the audio from the tv to the amp without the need for audio switching. Also, the output is fixed level unlike some.

I wouldn't buy a 28" widescreen set. Far too small for my liking.