I agree with delaying reopening from June 21 at least for nightclubs which will be superspreader events

casjen

Im not sure removing the limit on weddings/wakes is such a good idea. Here in Leicester it could be a recipe for disaster. Increasing to say 50 would have been preferable. I know social distancing is still in effect but cannot see that being adhered to.

Lyricalis

Happy to wait for as long as it takes. In the meantime I get to spend even more time with my favourite person in the world. Me!

I used to have to make up all sorts of excuses to get out of social events. The last few years I finally reached the age where I just say I don't want to go and don't feel the need to elaborate on that. I really don't care what others think of me now. So liberating :).

Having said that, I could really do with getting my bathroom replaced (nuked from orbit and start again more like) and I was planning on just moving into a hotel for a few nights while the work was done. So for that reason alone I'd like the demasking to take place sometime this year.

The Thorne

Happy to wait for as long as it takes. In the meantime I get to spend even more time with my favourite person in the world. Me!

I used to have to make up all sorts of excuses to get out of social events. The last few years I finally reached the age where I just say I don't want to go and don't feel the need to elaborate on that. I really don't care what others think of me now. So liberating :).

Having said that, I could really do with getting my bathroom replaced (nuked from orbit and start again more like) and I was planning on just moving into a hotel for a few nights while the work was done. So for that reason alone I'd like the demasking to take place sometime this year.
Hotels are fine under current rules, you hardly need to wear masks, just for 5 mins when you come and go and until your are seated for meals. BTW great to see the Aliens reference, I thought I was one of the only people to use that phrase in that way :D

Lyricalis

Hotels are fine under current rules, you hardly need to wear masks, just for 5 mins when you come and go and until your are seated for meals. BTW great to see the Aliens reference, I thought I was one of the only people to use that phrase in that way :D
I have this weird thing with hotel rooms where I just can't tolerate spending much time in them and need to get out and do stuff.

It's strange because I can happily spend all week inside my flat and yet it's about the same size as most of the hotel suites I've stayed in.

Travel appears to make me hyperactive. I usually need a week off at home recovering after a holiday.

Roxbar

I have this weird thing with hotel rooms where I just can't tolerate spending much time in them and need to get out and do stuff.

It's strange because I can happily spend all week inside my flat and yet it's about the same size as most of the hotel suites I've stayed in.

Travel appears to make me hyperactive. I usually need a week off at home recovering after a holiday.
That's the main reason (alongside cost) I opt for hostels.

Pick the right one's and you'll never be short of something to do.

IronGiant

I thought I was one of the only people to use that phrase in that way :D
do a forum wide search for "nuke" and "orbit" :smashin:
one of my favourites:
1623857906509.png

87gpk

The more I’ve been reading the reaction on social media to the delay in lifting restrictions the more I think we should just lockdown until everyone is fully vaccinated.

How long would that take the speed the vaccination programme has been moving?

richp007

Distinguished Member
The more I’ve been reading the reaction on social media to the delay in lifting restrictions the more I think we should just lockdown until everyone is fully vaccinated.

How long would that take the speed the vaccination programme has been moving?

Not viable for numerous reasons, and we don't need to fully lock down unless hospitalisations and deaths start becoming an issue like they were.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom