I’m not sure if I’m confused or disappointed

dougalfromperth

Novice Member
I recently purchased a Samsung Frame 43” 2021. This TV is going to be wall mounted. I have downloaded the SmartThings app on to my iPad and iPhone with the expectation of being able to upload various photographs from my iPad/iPhone on to the Frame TV. I have followed the instructions to the letter and when the app gets to the stage of saying “ preparing “ after about 30 seconds it gives up saying “ something went wrong “ Error Code 05-201. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve attempted this, but it never completes the task. I’ve spoken to Samsung Tech Support who were unable to help, I’ve Googled it and You Tubed it. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times without any success whatsoever. Has anyone experienced the same issue , if so was it successfully resolved? Any tips or helpful suggestions would be hugely appreciate. Apart from this issue, I love the TV, superb picture quality and with the Samsung S50 Soundbar, all in all it ticks all but one box!

Kapkirk

Are you sure that you don't need "smartview" and not smart things, Pretty sure Samsung uses smartview for you to be able to share files from your phone/tablet with your Samsung TV.
I did used to have issues sharing my phone media with my TV, I even bought a new phone which still did not cure the problem. In the end I bought a roku smart USB stick and now I can just share anything off my phone with the roku on the tv, something to consider if nothing else works.
Here's how to use smart view. How to Use Smart View on iPhone or iPad

dougalfromperth

Novice Member
Hello Kapkirk,
Thank you so much for your reply…..the power of the internet! I’ll certainly take a look at Smartview, although all the blah in the e-manual refers to SmartThings and every Samsung Tech Support representative I spoke to also referred to SmartThings - There is also a SmartThings app on the TV settings -I’d not come across Smartview but will most certainly try it.
On another topic, I had an impossible time trying to get my TV to accept my BT WiFi password. It is 14 characters long and after entering 12 character, it just defaulted to unable to connect to WiF, the only way I could connect it was to go into settings, General ➡️ WiFi Network ➡️ Select WPS then I had to rush to the router which is about 15 metres away press the WPS button on the router then the TV was on WiFI, hardly satisfactory! I called Samsung several times who tried to suggest that my download speed was the culprit, which in my view was total nonsense, eventually after several hours of frustration, I called BT in desperation for their advice and a very helpful person suggested changing my password, ( which I didn’t realise you could do ! ) this was done for me and it was all up and running in less than a couple of minutes, so that was a fantastic result. I was puzzled why the TV wouldn’t accept my original password as I’d bought a new Samsung Smart TV for my in-laws, last December, again using BT Broadband ( different router ) it also had a 14 character password and that was accepted without any issues - anyway, just thought I’d share that in case anyone else had the same problem.
Many thanks again, I appreciate your reply hugely.

Last edited:

Kapkirk

Blimey, 14 character password, no wonder you had problems, this is exactly why I tend to use Lan cables direct to the router for everything, no messing with silly passwords and better security. Wonder how many peeps do not realize how easy it is to change the router password, it's actually very easy and takes a few minutes once you know how. Glad you got it sorted out.

dougalfromperth

Novice Member
Blimey, 14 character password, no wonder you had problems, this is exactly why I tend to use Lan cables direct to the router for everything, no messing with silly passwords and better security. Wonder how many peeps do not realize how easy it is to change the router password, it's actually very easy and takes a few minutes once you know how. Glad you got it sorted out.

dougalfromperth

Novice Member
I eventually sorted out the Art work issue, more by chance, using the SmartThings App. I came across a short video on YouTub, I didn’t realise you had to tap on the TV logo to open up app fully, me just being a bit thick! My final hurdle is to find a reputable aerial installer, this ought to be more straightforward, although two I’ve attempted to contact on recommendation, haven’t even returned my calls or texts! Thanks again for your input.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Local Social Media (Facebook) groups are good for getting recommendations for reliable tradesmen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom