1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’ve Cracked it !!!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by lumpsucker, Jul 24, 2003.

1. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The good news

is that I have just taken delivery of a brand new, unused, still in the plastic, Fujitsu P50XHA10ES, remote control, and scart terminal board for nothing, free gratis, sweet fa, zilcho sponulicks…….you get the picture? My employer just gave it to me !!!!!

The bad news

is that the only reason they let me have it was because when they eventually went to install it after it had been sitting in the store for 3 months, they found that it was cracked from ear to ear. They claimed on the insurance and I got the panel, manual power lead…….the whole darn thing, even the box it came in.

Why do I want it ? fark knows except that I plan to get a P50XHS10ES in September / October and reckon it might be good for a spare or 2. At least I could experiment with spraying the bezel or something.

Before you ask……no I’m not about to place it on my lounge floor in a heap and call the insurance co. I’m not that daft and I want them to insure me for my pucka panel when I get it.

Have I turned it on? No not yet but I plan on giving it a go. Its not been plugged in since it came off the lorry 3 months ago.

Might try the scart terminal board on EBay though.

It is such a shame, the thing is gleaming, it was 5 grands worth, its in my garage………………..and its farking useless !!!!

Any Offers?

Simon (at least I can say I’ve got one now !!)

2. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    This has got to have some worth. Although the glass is done in the electronics should be fine.
    I'll bet someone has blown one of these beauties up by pluggin something daft into it.
    It's also worth keeping the frame in good condition - another part that is often easily scratched or damaged.
    Put the whole thing on ebay and see what you get.

3. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Norman,

That was about my thoughts. I might give that a go. Peole don't seem to belive that a cracked glass panel makes these things a write off.

Cheers

Simon

4. IanM

IanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Simon,

Have you plugged it in and tried it yet?

The SCART board might be of use to people who've got the component/s-video board, but I think they're in the minority in this country. If you can find someone without one then it should be worth at least hundred quid (the other board is about £140 new).

How bad is the crack? I'm sure that some strange people might be prepared to pay a bit because they want to put it up on the wall to look flash even if it doesn't work!

Cheers,
    Ian.

5. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Ian,

It is cracked petty bad, from one top corner to the centre and from the bottom corner along the bottom to about half way.

The outer glass panel seems to be intact though.

I'll try and fire it up from a safe distance over the weekend and see what happens.

Might even take a picture and put it on the 'Get your Plasmas out for the Lads' thread :)

Cheers

Simon

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    The cracks tend to grow on plasmas, I've seen a few cracked ones, put one on a van and when it had RTB'd the glass was a pile of powder in the bottom! I'd not bother to try and fire it up, it can only lead to disappointment. The bits are worth the trouble though, even the bezel could be useful to someone who's scratched theirs.