HZ2000 eARC

joroma

I’ve got a Panasonic HZ2000 and Yamaha RX-A2A AVR. The TV is connected to the AVR using the ARC HDMI with eARC enabled on the TV. An Xbox and a Youview Box are connected to the AVR.
This was working fine with the ability to switch between Home Cinema Speakers and TV speaker using TV Sound Menu up until last week when I lost sound when watching anything via TV including built in Netflix, YouTube and the TV tuner. The AVR had switched to the TV mode correctly but absolutely no sound. I did have sound if I used the TV menu to switch back to TV speaker. The Xbox and Youview Box all still worked perfectly with the AVR changing modes correctly and sound coming from my Home Cinema speakers. So I played around with the settings last night and resolved the problem by going into my TV HDMI settings and turning off eARC. However from my research this appears to affect the sound quality eg I won’t get Dolby TrueHD.
The eARC has been working fine for the four months I have owned the AVR so I can’t work out why it has suddenly stopped working. The only thing that has happened very recently is the AVR firmware has updated and I think, but don’t know for certain, that is when the issue started.
Any of you techies able to help me?

two2midnight

Distinguished Member
I’ve got a Panasonic HZ2000 and Yamaha RX-A2A AVR. The TV is connected to the AVR using the ARC HDMI with eARC enabled on the TV. An Xbox and a Youview Box are connected to the AVR.
This was working fine with the ability to switch between Home Cinema Speakers and TV speaker using TV Sound Menu up until last week when I lost sound when watching anything via TV including built in Netflix, YouTube and the TV tuner. The AVR had switched to the TV mode correctly but absolutely no sound. I did have sound if I used the TV menu to switch back to TV speaker. The Xbox and Youview Box all still worked perfectly with the AVR changing modes correctly and sound coming from my Home Cinema speakers. So I played around with the settings last night and resolved the problem by going into my TV HDMI settings and turning off eARC. However from my research this appears to affect the sound quality eg I won’t get Dolby TrueHD.
The eARC has been working fine for the four months I have owned the AVR so I can’t work out why it has suddenly stopped working. The only thing that has happened very recently is the AVR firmware has updated and I think, but don’t know for certain, that is when the issue started.
Any of you techies able to help me?
If you haven't already done so, try turning everything off at the wall plug, wait a couple of minutes, and then turn the power back on.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom