HZ1000 actual wifi speed in mb/s

9chris9

Standard Member
Anyone know the actual wifi speed of an hz1000?

I've just plugged mine into ethernet and noted its only capable of 100mb/s.

the appletv was getting ~ 500mb/s in its spot under the tv & other devices in that vicinity where similar upto 953mb/s for my laptop that was not obscured by anything.

I'm not seeing any 4k stream using more than ~30mb/s so maybe 100mb/s could be fine.

anyone seeing any issues with wired that go away when using wireless (yes I know it's counter intuitive)?

mikej

100Mbps should be more than enough for streaming 4K from the usual streaming services, in my experience. I have my GZ950 connected via ethernet - it gets the full 70Mbps I pay for and never pauses or buffers while streaming 4K HDR from Netflix, Prime or Disney+

I can't imagine there's many different scenarios where you'd currently need speeds of 100Mb+. Perhaps doing something like streaming full, uncompressed 4K UHD Blu-ray rips from local storage or something similar ?

mikej

You could try going to a site like speedtest.net on the TV's browser and running a speed test while connected via ethernet and then wi-fi, to see how they compare

9chris9

Standard Member
You could try going to a site like speedtest.net on the TV's browser and running a speed test while connected via ethernet and then wi-fi, to see how they compare

funnily enough I did just that this morning.

on fast.com (a Netflix speed site) I was getting upto ~70mbs on ethernet and ~220mbs on wifi ac.

I must add I did not see any issues on wired & was wondering if anyone knows off or has heard of any particular issues with wired vs wifi & I appreciate its counter intuitive but worth an ask.

ashenfie

Most services only need up to 25Mbs its only BT sport that need 30Mbs

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom