1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyundai vs Neovia

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by mattygg, Oct 21, 2005.

1. mattygg

mattygg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I was looking at getting the Hyundai 4250 plasma screen, but i have just come back from curry's and i saw a Neovia NEOPL4200 which looked pretty good in the shops. I have checked the reviews and the Hyundai got 7/10 which seemed pretty good to me, there is no review of the Neovia one. They are both priced at £999.99 which is about my budget, i was wondering if anyone had any advice on these two plasma's.

Thanks in advance

Matt

2. corgi74

corgi74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I'm looking at the Hyundai too. I'm a bit concerned about the resolution as it seems low.

3. Shimmyhill

Shimmyhill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Is the Neovia the same one as PCW sell ?

If so i was speaking to a m8 who works there and they said that they went bust and only display models are avaliable. The one i saw looked pretty poor imo.

(this could be wrong if i have the make mistaken)

4. mattygg

mattygg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I couldnt see it on the PCW website, but i think currys and dixons and pcw are all owned by the same company so who knows.

5. mattygg

mattygg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have found another tv Goodmans GTV42P which looks ok, does anyone know if this is any good?

Matt

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Personally Matt I would recommend saving up a bit more and going for a proper name plasma such as a panasonic or pioneer fro example. I can tell you from personal experience that the budget route is not the way to go! Are you loking for a tv (i.e. with built in tuner and speakers) or a panel that you wil be connecting sky/dvd to with a surround sound system?

7. mattygg

mattygg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will be buying sky + when i move in, along with a dvd home theatre system, prob a 6.1 or 7.1. What about the hyundais imagequest, i have found one of these for 999.99.

cheers

Matt

8. mickymcd

mickymcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    If you stretch another £100 squid mate go for the relisys from ebuyer £1098 2 year warranty speakers and stand loads of connections hidef compatible its pic is far better than my mate pioneer and my neighbours panasonic [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

I have just inputted hidef stuff from pc through dvi too picture is jaw dropping also picture from ntl and freeview spot on i was going to get the hyundai imagequest but when i seen the relysis it won me over the contrast well better no gosting on footie no lip synch dead pixels noise etc very good unit cant go wrong