Hyundai Q321 HTPC Question

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Dan.Scott1234, Aug 26, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Dan.Scott1234

Dan.Scott1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi there

OK well I need a bedroom tv and my search is throwing up all sorts of problems...

I'd like in the future (When they get round to releasing it) to attach via DVI a Mac Mini media centre (Come on Apple!!!!) then I'd use that for tv.

Alternativly i'll build up a WinXP MCE box.

The Hyundai looks great BUT i'm funny about lipsync anyway so if it was bad it'd be going straight back! Is the lipsync and issue over the DVI or not as i've read some of the Hyundai threads here but haven't yet found a definitive answer to this one.

Cheers
    Dan

Also if it looks like a no go with the Hyundai i'd love some other ideas about what to buy instead (26-32" preferably)

2. Dan.Scott1234

Dan.Scott1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    anyone?

3. Dan.Scott1234

Dan.Scott1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    any ideas?

4. nickjkay

nickjkay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Aparently the Q321 has no sync issues over HD inputs-my DVI cabel is in the post and I will let you know. I have only noticed any sysnc issues with IDTV- there is a very very minor delay reported with DVD's-but it's probably no more then any other LCD. The Q321 has a serial port for firmware updates(A321 dosn't) and aparently the next update will include a switchable delay, so all sync issues over non IDTV sources should be sorted pretty easily, but the delay on scart is very very minnor with firmware 3.12, only techy blokes that read this clounm would notice it-cause their looking for it!

I went to currys yesterday and can honestly say that the only LCD's that matched the image quality over SD were the sets that were around the £2000 mark-I can live with the sync on IDTV, the picture quality of this set is fantasic-can't wait for my DVI cable:D

5. Dan.Scott1234

Dan.Scott1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    thats great, I would love to hear your DVI findings!

This sounds like a winner in so many ways, but with minor gripes... I think it's this or a 26" Bravia S series...

Gonna keep reading and posting (Shame there aren't any Q321's I can go and have a look at in the London area!