1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyundai Plasma Bad Customer Service

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by gezza79, Apr 8, 2005.

1. gezza79

gezza79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'd just like to tell the tale of my plasma. I ordered my new Hyundai 4201s 42" plasma from a reputable ebay shop in Germany.

Once I recieved the display after waiting almost 2 months from when I ordered I discovered after a few hours of viewing that the glass was marked (dirty) from the inside. I called the supplier who informed me to contact Hyundai in Germany. I contacted Hyundai, sent pictures to them and they agreed the TV needed to be fixed, although because I lived in Switzerland the in-home warranty was not available and they would send a courrier to pick up the TV and I would have it back within one week. (This angered me as the supplier stated that the in-home warranty was available in Switzerland) Reluctantly I agreed. I continued to email Hyundai as the courier didn't show up for almost 2 months to pick up the TV.

It's been 1 month since they have had my TV and I still don't have it back. I've written more emails which they just ignore. It's sad to see that a company of this size has such poor customer service for an item that costs so much money. It's been six months since I ordered my Tv and haven't been able to enjoy it yet.

I've learnt my lesson and will never buy Hyundai products again or electronic goods in another country just too save a little money.

If anyone knows a way I could either get a refund or get them to extend my warranty please let me know.

Thanks,

Gezz

2. Dan L

Dan L

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    "reputable ebay shop"

"after waiting almost 2 months from when I ordered"

"the glass was marked"

"the supplier stated that the in-home warranty was available in Switzerland"

Wow, that's really reputable. I hope you left him negative feedback.

3. JeffLaws1

JeffLaws1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Damaged goods

Warranty not as described

would have thought that was enough for a refund, try the disputes section of ebay, they may be able to advise you better