Hyundai monitor and repairtech NIGHTMARE

apduk

Novice Member
Hi all

I have been googling and came up with not very much, I did however notice that loads of people on here have had dealings with repairtech for various reasons, and I need help as I dont know what to do.

My hyundai monitor developed a fault at 5 months old, and so I rang up aria who told me then to ring repairtech.

Repairtech sent parcel line to collect the monitor on the 10th of November, they told me it would take upto 10 - 14 days to fix it. I left it the 14 days and rang them back, repairtech then told me it was 14 working days. So i left it the 14 working days and rang back. The woman at repairtech told me they couldnt find a fault (how that took 14 working days to find out is a complete joke and not bother to ring me aswell) anyway I then demanded they looked at it again as Id tested it on 2 different computers, which both showed the fault, which they agreed to do.

I then left it untill tuesday this week because so far no-ones ever rang me back, its always been me who has rang them up, so tuesday I rang, thats a whopping 32 days since i sent it to be told 'theyve found another problem with your unit', errrr what other problems this.. at first i was told theres nothing wrong with it, now theres more than one problem? I obviously questioned this and was told not very much other than theres nothing we can do youll just have to wait, apparently there waiting for a part (like i believe that, theyve probably lost it or something and hope i forget about it) I asked the woman am i going to get it back before christmas and she said i dont know.

HOW LONG DO THESE PEOPLE NEED! It cant be that hard to get a spare part can it?

So i left it 30 minutes and rang back as I was so annoyed and utterly peeved to be honest, i spoke to a different woman this time who listened to me and then said what the other woman said. I then asked her can you not send a replacement out as this is taking far to long, she checked the computer and said no she cant, she took my mobile number and said she would ring as soon as they had fixed it, or she recieves a replacement, has hyundai ran out of monitors or something?.

I then rang Aria up who basicly told me to wait aswell, they said they cant do anything because repairtech have the monitor, yet aria has my money.

So today is the 14th of december, theyve had it a whole calender month and I still dont know when im going to get it back.

Can anyone help me with this. Does anyone know what hyundai's agreement is with repairtech, surely they cant allow this to go on, Has anyone else had to wait this long for there 'whatever' to be fixed by repairtech and if so what the hell did you do?

Thanx in advance.

CoolCurly

Novice Member
Hi,

Im the UK Rep for Hyundai IT and Im shocked at the service you have received.

Can you PM me your Log Ref and a contact tel number and I'll get on this immediately with Repairtech to find out why it has taken over a month so far.

Im not promising miracles, but I will get this sorted for you.

Can you also tell me which model you have too.

As soon as I have this info, I'll be onto Repairtech with Head office copied in.

CoolCurly

Novice Member
Hi again,

I understand from Repairtech they have given you a solution to the problem. I hope you are happy with the option, and on behalf of Repairtech I appologise for the delay you have had on your call - from what I understand your panel needed replacing on the B71D and 17" panels at the moment are rarer then England winning anything major...

Any probs, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

CURLY

apduk

Novice Member
Hi again,

I understand from Repairtech they have given you a solution to the problem. I hope you are happy with the option, and on behalf of Repairtech I appologise for the delay you have had on your call - from what I understand your panel needed replacing on the B71D and 17" panels at the moment are rarer then England winning anything major...

Any probs, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards

CURLY
Hi there

I cant thank you enough, i dont know what you said to them but they most certainly jumped when you said so :clap:

Unfortunately they cant replace my monitor with the exact same model (which i loved the design of) they are replacing it with the Q70u, i just hope I have more luck with this one which should arrive tomorrow :thumbsup:

I'll give it to Nicki at repairtech I had the poor girl out of breath running around the place to find out if the new monitor was brand new or not, which she said it was which is another :thumbsup: for you.

Once again many thanx to you, I just wish id of known about you sooner.

Merry christmas mate and all the best :)

Thanx again.

apduk

Novice Member
Hi there

Just an update i recieved my monitor today, however dispite vicki running to check wether the monitor was brand new, it turns out it isnt brand new, as theres sticky finger marks all over it aswell as some kinda gunk at the top of the screen, it has wiped off but thats not the point i hate being lied to. To make matters even worse theres also no UK plug lead in the box, how do they expect you to plug it in? if this is a brand new monitor there should of been one inside the box. I asked repairtech to send me another monitor but the woman (couldnt speak to vicki) said theres no more left to send me (they tried that one before). Im going to be forced now to go and buy an adapter just to even test the monitor which i shouldnt have to do. Repairtech said they would send me a lead in the post but i wouldnt recieve it untill next week, and im not waiting that long this other monitors hurting my eyes.

At least i got the thing (thanks Curly) but once again repairtech screwed up.

Ill never buy anything from a manufactura that uses repairtech for its repairs as its just not worth the hassle thats involved, they couldnt of got it more wrong if they tried.

Oh well im off to tesco now for a travel adapter, i just hope the bloody thing works.....