Hyundai Kona Price Rises

PRESSTOG

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see Hyundai have increased the price on the Kona so soon after launch

On top of the £1000 drop in the OLEV grant a couple of weeks ago, this price rise of over £2300 is really pushing the price of the car up.

We ordered ours in Premium SE Spec with metallic Paint and in August when ordered it was £32360 after the grant was taken off

The drop to £3500 in the grant pushed that to £33360 a couple of weeks ago

Today the price rise pushed the post grant price to £35710 And there is now a year waiting list.

Shame as its such a good car but now quickly moving out of afordability

Weak pound at the moment, can’t be helping. The Countryman PHEV has at least a three month waiting list at the moment, and that’s been around for a while now.

Shame as its such a good car but now quickly moving out of afordability

Manfactures have to make money from EVs inorder to show EVs are sustainable. Tesla have been steadily putting prices up for a while now.

Model S in decent spec back in 2016 was a £62k car, now same spec £75k. Our Model X was £71k invoice, same car now £88k!!.

Sadly with the £ likely to drop more with Brexit EV prices will all head only one way :(.

Manfactures have to make money from EVs inorder to show EVs are sustainable. Tesla have been steadily putting prices up for a while now.

Model S in decent spec back in 2016 was a £62k car, now same spec £75k. Our Model X was £71k invoice, same car now £88k!!.

Sadly with the £ likely to drop more with Brexit EV prices will all head only one way :(.

I totally agree, just odd to do it so soon after launch, its only 8 weeks since launch and 12 weeks since initial pricing was announced, so nothing has changed wildly in that time. If anything the pound has rallied a bit

Could be battery costs I know there are rumblings that LG is upping prices and with a 70kwh unit (64 usable) even small changed can add $1000s

Just doing it so soon after the launch is a bit off. (Smells of hiking the Kona to make the more expensive Kia e-Nero closer to the Kona price)

For me its good, the higher a new one goes the better the resale value

Haven’t they sold a years production allocation already? They may as well put the price up because it looks like people will pay

Mine’s ordered

What did you go for?

Nice :)

Moving away from teaching manual to automatic and wanted the Audi but it’s to expensive.

I will be taking deliver around 19th March.

Interesting, is there increased interest in learning in an automatic these days? We were wondering about this for our children, I drive an auto ICE and Mrs IG a Leaf, so even if they learnt to drive a manual, they wouldn't be driving one until they get cars of their own.

Interesting, is there increased interest in learning in an automatic these days? We were wondering about this for our children, I drive an auto ICE and Mrs IG a Leaf, so even if they learnt to drive a manual, they wouldn't be driving one until they get cars of their own.

Personally, I teach them both but I’m an instructor and have both.

I’d leave them auto nowadays, it’s no big deal and most hire places have autos on standby and all hybrids as you know are automatic.

^ Not quite true:

Honda Insight 1999-2006
Honda CR-Z 2010-2016

There are others, but even so, the number of autos vastly outweighs the number of manual hybrids.

all hybrids as you know are automatic.

All new hybrids maybe?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom