Hyundai Imagequest Q321 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
So, did someone tell ebuyer off for having their Q321 price at £680+VAT (£799.95 inc.) for nearly two weeks ?

Mike.

tawsi

Standard Member
CoolCurly said:
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/productinfo.asp?WebProductID=336964

Usual Price - £746.89 + VAT
Today Only Price - £725.00 + VAT (£851.88 inc) - You will need to go to TODAY ONLY at the top of the page to see the price.....

Hopefully more people will put their reviews up here!!
I'd quite like to pick it up at that price but I'd rather have a sample larger than 1 since it's difficult to tell what the quality control etc is like based on a single review. Also a technical review like THG would be great to get an idea of things like contrast and refresh rates.

Is the panel used in theres the same as in the new Samsung TVs. Also what's the difference between the Q320 and the Q321 which seem to have almost the same specs on the Hyundai site.

CoolCurly

Novice Member
If you read the earlier posts the question about the difference between the Q321 and the Q320 has been answered - but basically they are the same panels but the Q320 has the built in 14-3 Memory Card Player.

tawsi

Standard Member
CoolCurly said:
I wouldnt call it GLOSS, nor would I call it MATT - its sort of in the middle really.....
So both actually have the same finish? Not that it particularly bothers me or will make any difference at all to which TV I buy.

R

rade

CoolCurly said:
Thanks Baloo, the Techies have told me that it will run to max resolution of the screen (1366x768) as long as your VGA card supports that.......
Will it do 1:1 pixel mapping for 1360x768, i.e. with a 6-pixel border?

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
CoolCurly said:
I wouldnt call it GLOSS, nor would I call it MATT - its sort of in the middle really.....
Eggshell:thumbsup:

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Mariner said:
I note that ebuyer are now selling this set for £800 including VAT. Looks like a nice deal.
They were obviously listening to me :) Interesting choice of first post Mr. "Mariner" :cool: Welcome to the forums.

Mike.

tawsi

Standard Member
Does the ebuyer one have the full UK warranty? Very tempted now, especially with my W2600 being picked up tomorrow.

Mariner

Novice Member
Flimber said:
They were obviously listening to me :) Interesting choice of first post Mr. "Mariner" :cool: Welcome to the forums.

Mike.
Well, I've been lurking for ages without bothering to register. Bought some toner cartridges on ebuyer this afternoon and noticed the reduced price for the Hyundai so I thought I'd better mention it.

Alas, finances don't allow me to replace my crappy Thomson CRT at the moment so I'm basically still window shopping! :)

ailean

There didn't seem to be an answer for this one, so I'll ask too. ;)

Can this set do 1:1 via DVI at 50Hz & 60Hz?

AdemoN

Standard Member
I'd also like to ask if anyone can confirm 50hz 1 to 1 mapping (over DVI preferably) as I'm looking for a decent LCD TV for HTPC use. I think the only LCD that can do this at the moment is the LG.

Great forum by the way! :clap:

Adam.

Flimber

Distinguished Member
I thought Baloo had already confirmed this (?).

Mike.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
AdemoN said:
I'd also like to ask if anyone can confirm 50hz 1 to 1 mapping (over DVI preferably) as I'm looking for a decent LCD TV for HTPC use. I think the only LCD that can do this at the moment is the LG.

Great forum by the way! :clap:

Adam.
Waht do you mean by that?:confused: 50hz 1 to 1 mapping:confused:

tawsi

Standard Member
la gran siete said:
Waht do you mean by that?:confused: 50hz 1 to 1 mapping:confused:
He means (I think) that you can run the TV at 1360x768 at 50Hz over DVI where each pixel on the computer output corresponds to a single pixel on the display rather than the image being scaled or having overscan applied. The 1:1 part gives a nicer desktop display while the 50Hz bit is handy if you want to play PAL material.

Anyone else ordered one yet?

AdemoN

Standard Member
That's right Tawsi. I think I had seen baloo had confirmed 1:1 and 60hz in response to this question. He mentions it Here but I think I'd like to know if anyone has been able to actually use it. It's not clear if he's just read the specs or actually tried it.

Thanks guys.

tawsi

Standard Member
I'd like to know too since the 2 main uses for the TV I buy will be HTPC stuff and Xbox 360.

Unfortunately looks like I'll have to wait as the price at ebuyer has gone back up again :thumbsdow

M

madmats

I'm from sweden and i own a q320. The difference between Q320 and Q321 is that 320 has a glossy finish and 14-1 multicard reader, it also has a USB port so you can connect a harddrive. It plays divx and so on. 321 is without multimediareader and the frame has more of a standard computerfinish.

There is a huge treat about this TV in a swedish forum, you won't understand much but there but you will findsome pictures. The GM for Hyundai IQ Sweden is writing in the forum. He has explained that Hyundai and Hyundai ImageQuest is two different companies. Hyundai är just licensing products while IQ make them. There are A-Grade Samsungpanels in q320/q321.

Last of all, im very pleased with my Q320!

Link to swedish forumtreat about Q320/Q321 (pictures start around page 18 ):
http://www.minhembio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108506

Pictures of mine:
http://www.minhembio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=108506&view=findpost&p=907069

CoolCurly

Novice Member
I can confirm that Hyundai and Hyundai ImageQuest are two totally seperate companies, and that Hyundai (corporation) do NOT use the same panels or have the same technolgy.

www.hyundaiq.com is the main ImageQuest website if you want to look at the full range of products produced....

Nice to know they are popular in Sweden too!!

Mariner

Novice Member
And now ebuyer are back up to £877.72 inc VAT for this TV. What the hell are they playing at? Adding 10% arbitrarily depending on the date? :confused:

S

sleepless

Mariner said:
And now ebuyer are back up to £877.72 inc VAT for this TV. What the hell are they playing at? Adding 10% arbitrarily depending on the date? :confused:
Scan had it on special so maybe ebuyer thought they would compete. There are a few too many horror stories re ebuyer for my liking. I was tempted by their price yesterday but couldn't find any mention of extended warranties. A few reatailers mention 2 yrs on this set and scan's appears to be 3 yrs.

I'm still undecided about spending ££££'s on a TV in general but I know I'll cave in if a decent offer was available. Pity freemans don't stock it.:(

Baloo

Novice Member
AdemoN said:
That's right Tawsi. I think I had seen baloo had confirmed 1:1 and 60hz in response to this question. He mentions it Here but I think I'd like to know if anyone has been able to actually use it. It's not clear if he's just read the specs or actually tried it.

Thanks guys.
I use that res all the time :thumbsup:

Although this is in the lounge as our main TV it gets used as my PC monitor when the wife goes to bed every night :)

Flimber

Distinguished Member
Baloo said:
I use that res all the time :thumbsup:
Could you try and see what happens at 48/50/72/75Hz and report back with a definitive yes/no for each ? Just to confirm or deny once and for all.

Baloo said:
Although this is in the lounge as our main TV it gets used as my PC monitor when the wife goes to bed every night :)
Nice domestic setup. How on Earth did you negotiate that ? :confused: :D

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.