Quantcast

Hyundai Imagequest Q321 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

ntloser

For the guy with all the cable issues from hdmi to dvi make sure you are sellecting the right source, sounds stupid but i was doing this sellecting DVT? instead of dvi. With the ps3 you have to go into your display setting and sellect hdmi then grab your remote and go source/dvi and then sellect ok on the ps3. You have 30 seconds to do this or it will switch back to regular.

When I hit info now i get 1080p? is this possible with this lcd????

Thanks
That shows the input signal. The TV is not capable of displaying 1920x1080 pixels.

When you hit the info button you want to see 1360x768 60 hz when using the VGA or DVI input. That way, you can be sure the TV is not doing any scaling and is running at native resolution which is always going to look the best.

N

ntloser

Does anyone have the manual in PDF format? I can not find it anywhere.

The TV is now in the bedroom ( I finally went 1080p in the living room), and I need to know which audio inputs are active when the source is set on VGA and DVI. Up until now, I never used the speakers on the TV :D

W

wichie13

The DVI/VGA connection shares one RCA connection between the two. Its close to them. If you want I can post a picture.

Does anyone have the manual in PDF format? I can not find it anywhere.

The TV is now in the bedroom ( I finally went 1080p in the living room), and I need to know which audio inputs are active when the source is set on VGA and DVI. Up until now, I never used the speakers on the TV :D

rscosworth

Novice Member
Guys, I have the Q321 and i have just purchased a PS3.

I have a standard AV connectore Red/White/Yello and also a scart adapter, but i cant get it to work with any combination - any ideas?

Thank

armarni

Novice Member
I've managed to link mine fine to a ps3 via a hdmi to dvi cable. I take the sound out of the back of the ps3 via the supplied phone cables and put the sound in via the dvi phono inputs. I havent tried using the scart or the composite connectors so cant comment on that. Mt Q320 went back to repairtech for 'the fix' about 12 months ago so maybe thats a factor. GL getting yours running with the ps3

tinners

Novice Member
Anyone still hanging around this thread ? :lease:

Am after finding out if anyone has upgraded their set past firmware 3.12 and if it fixes the issues with HDMI connections into the DVI port. I see firmware 3.18 is up here
http://preview.***********/4dvgz

I had to return a Denon 1730 HDMI DVD player as it would not recognise the TV and wouldnt work over HDMI. I am thinking of upgrading to SKY HD but dont want to go through the pain only to see it not work.

Thanks

PoloRSport

Standard Member
What is the best way to hook up a ps3 to this tv? I currently am using the dvi spot have it connected to my pc to watch hd and blu ray stuff. Would getting an hd switch be the best idea? Or connect to vga? I'm just wondering to get the best possible picture what you guys would recommend. I have a Q321 by the way. Any ideas or inputs would be appreciated.

dybydx

Novice Member
Anyone still hanging around this thread ? :lease:

Am after finding out if anyone has upgraded their set past firmware 3.12 and if it fixes the issues with HDMI connections into the DVI port. I see firmware 3.18 is up here
http://preview.***********/4dvgz

I had to return a Denon 1730 HDMI DVD player as it would not recognise the TV and wouldnt work over HDMI. I am thinking of upgrading to SKY HD but dont want to go through the pain only to see it not work.

Thanks
Erm, just thought i'd see how this thread was doing just now actually!

Has anyone tried the 3.18? Any noticable benefits? I'm on VER 3.12 beta (which was put on by Repairtech to fix the DST time issue)

tinners

Novice Member
As I understand it, to upgrade the DVI port to be compatible with SkyHD it needs to go back to repairtech.
Si
Yeah pretty much resigned to a new TV with SKYHD. Searched around and found some threads over at Novatech saying it needs a replacement chip
http://forum.novatech.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=22380
As mine is now too old to get it done for free I'll leave HD until we move house when I will upgrade the TV and SKY.

dybydx

Novice Member
Erm, just thought i'd see how this thread was doing just now actually!

Has anyone tried the 3.18? Any noticable benefits? I'm on VER 3.12 beta (which was put on by Repairtech to fix the DST time issue)
Right, so i've taken the plunge to jump from 3.12 beta to 3.18 on my Q320.

Main differences I have noticed for DVB:
  • When turning on subtitles, there is a noticeable 1 second pause/freeze of the picture display
  • Erm, not much else...

"Features" that still exist:
  • Lag on the "Guide" function for DVB
  • DST still ok (previous 3.10/3.11 firmware was unable to update clock +/- 1 hour iirc)
  • Still lag on the "Info" OSD when you switch channels (appears when you switch channel, but with the wrong info, and disappears really quickly after a channel change)

D.

JamFish

Standard Member
Can anyone help a newbie?? I have this TV and the remote has stopped working. The red button (source) on the right of the control illuminates when you push any button but it doesn't work with the TV anymore, no reaction to any input.

Is there a reset you can perform on the remote??

Used this on HD for the first time today with a new PS3 and I'm REALLY impressed so want the functionallity of a remote.

Thanks

wlad

Standard Member
I had the same problem with mine (lights flashed but no response on TV). Have you tried changing the batteries? I put some good (Duracell) batteries in there and it's worked just fine for me since then.

Can anyone help a newbie?? I have this TV and the remote has stopped working. The red button (source) on the right of the control illuminates when you push any button but it doesn't work with the TV anymore, no reaction to any input.

Is there a reset you can perform on the remote??

Used this on HD for the first time today with a new PS3 and I'm REALLY impressed so want the functionallity of a remote.

Thanks

JamFish

Standard Member
bought some new batts but only cheap Tesco OB ones. I'll get some duracells and see if that sorts it.

Here's hoping

Jamie

JamFish

Standard Member
No joy with the Duracells :( spent £5 and the light still comes on when you press any button on the remote but nothing happens with the TV.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JamFish

Standard Member
All sorted!! :clap:

I just got bored and pressed each button on the remote in turn and the "set" button on the right panel did the trick.

How dumb do I feel!!

:(

Wise Bat

Hi has anyone got this TV working correctly with the HUMAX FOXSAT HDR through HDMI to DVI the signal is cutting out, flashing on and off. Humax say its the my TV, Maplin say its my freesat box. Don't want to buy new tv just for Freesat to work so will have t send box back for refund.

Please help? :lease:

simonf7

Hi has anyone got this TV working correctly with the HUMAX FOXSAT HDR through HDMI to DVI the signal is cutting out, flashing on and off. Humax say its the my TV, Maplin say its my freesat box. Don't want to buy new tv just for Freesat to work so will have t send box back for refund.

Please help? :lease:
I'd say its the hardware copy protection on the hdmi/dvi link, have a search through the thread for problems with SkyHD - sounds like the same problem.

Si

Wise Bat

Hi, Does anyone with this TV know / can list, any HD receivers ( be it being freesat or Sky) that are compatible with it (e.g. doesn't have the HDCP problems) when connected via HDMI to DVI?

I am looking at getting freesat HD up and running on this TV, but have yet to find/read on any receivers that are compatible with it? I know that the Humax HDR (Freesat+ HD recorder) does not work via its only hmdi output to Dvi on the TV and also Sky HD will only work via component (I think) and not HDMI.

This left me thinking maybe a Humax HD box with a component output will be an option? but have also read that using the component output on these boxes will not allow you to watch HD channels.

Just wondering if ppl have any other makes or models of (e.g. HUMAX / FOXSTAR etc...) HD receivers working without issue via the hmdi to dvi?

The tv will accept the PS3 / Xbox 360 / PC all fine.

I have tried recently the HD Fury option (to bypass the HDCP via VGA) but this also doesn't appear to work. I think this is due to the VGA port not accepting the 720p (1280 x 720p) or 1080i (1920 x 1080i) resolutions. But it will however accept a number of others resolutions which are not TV signal outputs.

Any feeback will be very helpful :thumbsup:

Also would be handy to know a list of standalone blu ray players that are compat also (not including the PS3).

P.S I am not willing to send TV of for a firmware upgrade as not worth around the £100 mark I been quoted (rather just wait little long and buy new TV) :thumbsup:

Last edited:

tinners

Novice Member
Dont know if it helps but definately not SKY HD new Samsung box. (Or in fact the HDMI Denon 1730 DVD player)

My TV is currently away having the HDCP chip replaced so it will work with SKYHD.

As you say the HDFury VGA is no use as it needs the TV to do a resolution which is unsupported over VGA on the Q321.

Last edited:

RecordablDVDfan

Hmm I'm amazed this thread is still going. I broght mine almost 3 years ago now and have not looked at this thread since. Any worthwhile reason to upgrade the firmware etc ? Don't suppose it improves upon the very poor DTT and especially analogue reception ??

Curly99

Distinguished Member
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.