Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Hyundai Imagequest HQL260WR

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Harlowlad, Aug 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Harlowlad

Harlowlad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I was interested in this LCD . . . .

[​IMG]

I like it beacuse it has progressive scan, a good range of terminals and its within my price range.

Just a few questions. Can this LCD display NTSC / PAL signals ? I have a NTSC cube and a PAL xbox which I wanna play through progresive input. I wanted to make sure before i commit. Is this NTSC Playback or 50hz/60hz.

The stats of the unit can be found here.

Also what about its response time ? It says "Response Time (Tr+Tf), ms 15 + 8 (typ)". How does that sound for a £500 unit.

Unfortunatley its not HD ready which may come useful in the future.

I was also interested in the Samsung LE23R41B but I noted a few people here at AV Forums were complaining of tearing on the unit and hissing from the TV. But guessing that this may be a firmware issue.

2. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    The hyundai is a nice looking set but it lacks a hdcp dvi or hdmi input which will be vitel in years to come it also doesnt say if it has any scart inputs.The response time is quite high aswell 25ms suggesting its quite an old panel inside the tv anything 16ms and under is more acceptable imoh.I wouldnt dismiss the samsung LE23R41B because of the tearing issue its a dam fine set but even this is missing a hdcp dvi input too for futureproofing the only tv ive seen in that price range which is future proof is the 26" acer which there is a review of here http://www.trustedreviews.co.uk/article.aspx?page=2273&head=18 or spend a bit more and get the new samsung 26".

3. CoolCurly

CoolCurly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    There are two versions produced, the PAL and NTSL but the only the PAL version is shipped into the UK.

I have 2 in my office and must say Im very very happy with them.