1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyundai HQP421HR as a replacement?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Rolyen, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Rolyen

Rolyen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey folks,

I've a bit of a quandry.

I have an LG MZ-42PZ10 and a Panny DMRE500. I've wall mounted the screen about 5 metre's away from the other kit, after burying a set of cables (component, 5 x RCA, svga, power, speakerand aerial cable).

The problem I have is that if I want to record something on the recorder, I can't watch another channel.

The screen came with a seperate tuner box, which is a pain in the rump to use, as all the connections have to be made to the back it and then transmitted to the screen through a proprietory Dsub cable (25 -15/9). This cable is an inch thick, pretty inflexible and only 2m long!

Easiest solution would be to get freeview, but I live in one of those area's that hasn't got (and probably won't get) a digital signal. I begrudge paying out for Sky and I also live in a conservation area, and siting a dish is also problematic.

So, I'm left looking for other solutions!

Most expensive option (and the wife's "NO, NOT A CHANCE IN HELL!!"'s choice) is a new screen with built-in analogue tuner. I've read through all the threads i can find on a similar vein, but everyone seems to be set on getting digital signals as thier primary signal source.

I've seen Hitachi's 5200 which looks nice, but I keep hearing whispers about the Hyundai HQP421HR, which has 2 analogue tuners.

Has anyone actually bought, tested or even seen one of these yet in the flesh?

Other solutions don't spring to mind, as I'm being pestered to find a solution, or its back to the VCR!!! :eek:

Rolyen

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there are others tuners available have a look for a ProV or Prov+ ints an analogue tuner with a VGA output and teletext on some models

3. CoolCurly

CoolCurly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    The HR version is crystal, and like you say its only being whispered about at the moment in the UK.
    Couple of reviews are about to change that though......