1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyundai HQP421HR - any good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by The Belgain, Jun 14, 2005.

1. The Belgain

The Belgain
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, I've been following all the discussion about the new 42" Samsung XGA panels with a lot of interest, and I'll be gettina a plasma in the next few weeks or so.

I've come across what could potentially be a pretty good deal over at OcUK: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Plasma.html

A 42" 1024x768 plasma with all the connectivity you could hope for, and a stand for under £1500. The only thing is, I haven't been able to find anything in the way of reviews/opinions for this screen. Is it any good? Is this a new screen (hence the lack of reviews)? Is the panel made in house, or is it from another manufacturer?

Any info would be much appreciated, as I'm interested by this one, though the reviews for the SD version don't seem too promising...

2. CoolCurly

CoolCurly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Hyundai spent over $10million on an R+D centre just for plasma and LCD technology.
    Its a pretty new screen to the UK shores, but this and the SR version are the biggest selling screens in Germany and France at the moment.

There will be some big reviews very soon, and some large Retailers signing up to sell them.

3. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    makes you wonder why the pv500 is so ugly and big bezeled, thats a stunning looking screen. roll on the reviews.

4. repairtvs

repairtvs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please note the Hyundai PDP is an LG panel I know because we repair them.
    the LG panel is normally a V5

5. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its an SD screen so its not properly HD Ready as it says on tht site ....it will accept HD signals and downconvert to SD resolution

6. CoolCurly

CoolCurly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    The screen was reviewed in the June edition of Home Cinema Choice and received a 3 out of 5 scoring which cant be bad for the "price point" spec this is - if you want a better High Res version, then look at the more expensive HQP421HR version.....
    Its on the website.

7. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The Belgian was talking about this one. "£1500 all in" and the title "Hyundai HQP421HR - any good?"