Hyundai HQL320WR PC Resolution (VGA)

danallen

Standard Member
Hi everyone,

Been an onlooker of the forum for a while now, but first post so far!

I have the aforementioned HQL320WR 32" LCD and have been generally very happy with it, despite my concerns over future HD compatibility. I have recently started plugging in my Mac (G4 DP tower) to it, but was wondering if there was any way to use the full resolution of the screen (1366 x 768)?

The literature that accompanies the TV suggests that the maximum res fpr PC use is 1024 x 768, which seems strange if the native res is 1366 x 768? I've tried using DisplayConfig X to output the correct res from my Mac, but it just says 'Not Supported Video". I can run the Mac at 1280 x 768 (or something like that) but it still says that it is 1024 x 768 on the TV itself.

I'm guessing that I'm just stuck with it (along with the lack of DVI or HDMI), but I though I'd ask the experts before I give up all hope!

Failing this, are there any graphics cards out there which will allow me to use the component inputs?

Thanks,
Dan

Downinja

I am almost certain you will get 1360x768.

There are extreme similarities between the q320 and the a321 (the service menu actually says q320).

For powerstrip settings take a look in the huge a321 thread.

danallen

Standard Member
Thanks for the quick reply!

Just spent the last half hour looking through the thread (not all of it, it's a bit long!) but I'm still not too sure as someone said that although the specs on the web stated 1024 x 768 as being the max, the manual mentioned 1360 x 768 which mine doesn't. I'll try a few things with DisplayConfigX and SwitchresX (i'm using a mac) and see if I get any joy.

Does anyone on here own this particular TV (HQL320WR)? Anyone managed to get the full native res (or close)?

Thanks,
Dan

simonf7

Its possible if you're not getting 1360x768 in the list of supported resolutions, you have one with the wrong information on the VGA/DVI port. Does the Mac tell you what the tv identifies itself as?

More info can be found by following a link to another forum from here - its one of the announcements.

Si

danallen

Standard Member
Not sure if the Mac sees what the TV identifies itself at, but from that link I saw that the Data Sheets for both the A321 and the Q321 also state that the max PC res is 1024 x 768, the same as the spec for mine. Since people appear to have got 1360 x 768 from these TV's, hopefully that will be the same for mine! Maybe I just need to experiment some more with the output reolutions from the Mac, I just gave up when I saw in print that it wasn't supported - but perhaps it is!

Thanks,
Dan

Downinja

The manual for the A321 states max pc resolution as 1366x768 not 1024x768.

I don't know if macs has an EDID reader of some sort?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom