1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyundai HPT4250 from powerhouse.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by bungus, Jan 8, 2005.

1. bungus

bungus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone bought one ?
    what are the full spec. ?
    I have seen one and they look ok.
    any info welcomed.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. mgreenough

mgreenough

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought one of these from powerhouse and I am very happy with it.

The quality is just as good as the more expensive ones in the shops, I spent one hour in Curry's with remote controls for this tv and two other plasmas at over £2,500 each. The quality on all three were nearly exact, funny though - the more expensive plasmas had too dark a screen for me. The Hyundai was bright, colourful and worth the money. The one in Powerhouse does NOT come with speakers, but there are speaker terminals at the back for left and right. I would suggest purchasing a couple of decent from speakrs, or using a dedicated amp/reciever to make the best use of this system.

Don't delay, buy it - you won't be disapointed.

Mike.

4. bigfatsi

bigfatsi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one of thesefor £1170 (10% off day) from Miller Bros although it is a HPTD4201S not a 4240. I don't know the difference between em but you get 2 scarts, stand (feet) and the speakers in with it. Think mine's awesome, especially at that price!
    :thumbsup:

Bigfatsi

5. davegtt

davegtt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    VERY NEARLY bought one of these. think I would have done too if they had any in stock at the time. in the end bought a Viera at double the price of the hyundai, to be honest it looked superb PQ in the shop. not perfect obut the price did reflect it, much better than the same screens in its price range. salesman knew what he was talking about and he seemed mighty impressed with it too....

Dave

6. buddytod

buddytod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased the HPT4250 and I am at my wits end! DVD's.....brilliant, SKY 'static' pictures,brilliant, SKY moving pictures...terrible!!! Skin tones look like oil painting, double vision around eyes, nose etc. Grass area...horrendous. I have been told that it is due to 100Hz and if it could be switched to 50Hz the problems would be resolved. There is no way to switch to 50Hz! Have read similar problems in other forums...Some blame the Digibox(PACE) some blame SKY compression and some blame Plasma full stop!! This is a terrible shame because it could be a damn fine TV. Does anyone know of a solution please?

7. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    well its nothing to do with 100Hz processing thats for sure, a JS RGB>YUV transcoder may give an improve ment (assuming you have sky set to RGBG and connected from TV scart outlet to an RGB enabled input)

8. Sadfish

Sadfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have one of these and have it set up via component from my Panny DVD recorder and svhs from my sky+ box into that. SKY+ is great on most channels but ITV sucks bad. Its also very poor via scart , but there are plenty of threads on this issue across the forums here its certainly not limited to this Plasma.

Its fine for sport etc.

I've had panny owners come rounds and say its of similar quality to theirs.

My only gripe so far is that I havent found the SKY+ remote code for it.......

I am borrowing a JS RGB>YUV transcoder planned weeks ago from a friend over the coming week and will report back the findings, it seems that this reduces the flesh scaling further but they are not cheap.

9. clayton

clayton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The 42" Hyundai HPT4250 has been redcued to £899.99 in powerhouse only while stock lasts.

10. Davidob1

Davidob1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Any info on this t.v would be appreciated, (HPTD4201S). I have just been offered one for free and dont know anything about it.

Thanks.

11. Norman

Norman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    If it's free whats the issue - GRAB IT.:rolleyes:

12. Anarchist

Anarchist
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My 4281 HD Ready set from Currys (£1076 delivered) is just settling in. Not particularly impressed with it over other plasmas I've seen...

13. Sadfish

Sadfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry i never replied to this.

I bought a syncblaster and its fixed all my grading problems and its all crystal clear. Had the set just over a year now and no problems touch wood.

Would recommend for about £900 now. Anything more and you may wanna consider HD.

14. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    With 42PWD8 panels for £1080 with 2 year warranty it willneed to be much cheaper than £900 IMO to be worth consideration