Hyundai A321 + Mac Mini Not Working :-(

bulphan

Standard Member
Hi All,

I have a strange problem with my Mac Mini (Core Duo 1.6 Ghz) and a Hyundai A321 TV. :suicide:

The TV works fine with Xbox 360, DVD Player, etc., but plug in the Mac Mini and NOTHING ("No Signal").

I've confirmed the VGA port on the TV works (plugged in a PC Laptop), Using the same VGA lead, along with the (Apple Mac) supplied DVI-VGA Convertor I get nothing.

If I try a DVI-DVI Cable into the DVI Port on the TV I get nothing.

If I plug the same VGA cable into a 17" Iiyama PC Screen it works everytime.

I've tried setting the Mac Resolutions to 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 at 50hz and 60hz using VGA AND DVI ports and get "NO SIGNAL" all the time. I've tried resetting the PRAM (, etc.) as suggested by Apples Website.

I finally got an official Apple S-Video/Phono converter delivered today, but if I use either the ports on the side of the TV or go via a Phono-Scart converter the picture is VERY POOR.

The only way (other than the S-Video/Phono connector) to get ANYTHING (other than "No Signal") is if I swap the Apple DVI-VGA converter for a 3rd party model. This time I still get no picture, but if I press "INFO" on the Remote, it picks up a 1024x768 signal, but I still get no picture.

Can someone please help? :lease:

Thanks in advance,
James

mb2251

Novice Member
bulphan said:
Hi All,

I have a strange problem with my Mac Mini (Core Duo 1.6 Ghz) and a Hyundai A321 TV. :suicide:

The TV works fine with Xbox 360, DVD Player, etc., but plug in the Mac Mini and NOTHING ("No Signal").

I've confirmed the VGA port on the TV works (plugged in a PC Laptop), Using the same VGA lead, along with the (Apple Mac) supplied DVI-VGA Convertor I get nothing.

If I try a DVI-DVI Cable into the DVI Port on the TV I get nothing.

If I plug the same VGA cable into a 17" Iiyama PC Screen it works everytime.

I've tried setting the Mac Resolutions to 640x480, 800x600 and 1024x768 at 50hz and 60hz using VGA AND DVI ports and get "NO SIGNAL" all the time. I've tried resetting the PRAM (, etc.) as suggested by Apples Website.

I finally got an official Apple S-Video/Phono converter delivered today, but if I use either the ports on the side of the TV or go via a Phono-Scart converter the picture is VERY POOR.

The only way (other than the S-Video/Phono connector) to get ANYTHING (other than "No Signal") is if I swap the Apple DVI-VGA converter for a 3rd party model. This time I still get no picture, but if I press "INFO" on the Remote, it picks up a 1024x768 signal, but I still get no picture.

Can someone please help? :lease:

Thanks in advance,
James

If you have the dvi version a321 you will need to return it to repairtech to get this particular problem sorted - I had the same issue and am now using the PC with this screen with no problems

bulphan

Standard Member
Thanks so much for the reply, it's appreciated. :D

Typical isn't it! JUST received it back from RepairTech as it had the "common" problem where it turns itself on/off.

Maybe it's just me, but wouldn't you expect them to "apply all the updates" in one go.....?!

Oh well, back to Repairtech me thinks! :suicide:

PAUL_M01

Standard Member
I have the A321, which is connect up to a shuttle at the moment and running happily at 1360x768.

I'm currently looking at buying a mac mini to replace this as its quieter and smaller.

I have the HDMI verision of the A321, and want to know if it is compatible with the mac, and what resolution it is capable of.

Thanks.

A

abennettuk

I'm having exactly the same problem with my HTPC and a couple of laptops all connecting via the dsub / VGA socket. Anything over 800x600 gives an 'supported' or 'no signal' message

Any one else having this problem with VGA?