Hyundai A321 LCD Component Cutting Out?

mb2251

Established Member
Reaction score
I have an A321 (first batch DVI) and have today hooked up my Cambridge Audio DVD53 player to it via component.

The cables used are the jvc ones from currys @ £6.99

My problem occurs seemingly when the white level on the screen increases in intensity above a certain level - when this happens the screen goes black and the picture will not return until the white level lowers.....

An example of this is the intro to the incredibles dvd - when the bright flash of the Walt Disney sign comes on - screen to black - same ocurs when the pixar 'lamp' turns to face the viewer. This is reproducable every time the disc is played and occurs on other discs in similar situations (e 20th centruy fox intro and varoius other 'white' bits in films. Connecting by scart exhibits none of these issues (albeit a lower quality image :) )

Im at a loss as to what could be wrong here, tv or dvd player?

have an A321 (first batch DVI) and have today hooked up my Cambridge Audio DVD53 player to it via component.

My problem occurs seemingly when the white level on the screen increases in intensity above a certain level - when this happens the screen goes black and the picture will not return until the white level lowers.....

An example of this is the intro to the incredibles dvd - when the bright flash of the Walt Disney sign comes on - screen to black - same ocurs when the pixar 'lamp' turns to face the viewer. This is reproducable every time the disc is played and occurs on other discs in similar situations (e 20th centruy fox intro and varoius other 'white' bits in films. Connecting by scart exhibits none of these issues (albeit a lower quality image )

by no means am I saying this is the correct solution, but that is awfully cheap for component cables, perhaps they're faulty. You may want to consider a more expensive set.

nm10721 said:
have an A321 (first batch DVI) and have today hooked up my Cambridge Audio DVD53 player to it via component.

by no means am I saying this is the correct solution, but that is awfully cheap for component cables, perhaps they're faulty. You may want to consider a more expensive set.

Yeah they are cheap but if they are faulty surely there would be problems with the picture all the time? (instead of the occasional cut out on high white intesity scenes)

I have the same problem with my dvd player through component1. It occurs during bright flashes on films like explosions on Band of Brothers. I might try my other dvd player to eliminate it being the player itself.

Pug5ley said:
I have the same problem with my dvd player through component1. It occurs during bright flashes on films like explosions on Band of Brothers. I might try my other dvd player to eliminate it being the player itself.

Mine does it through both componet connections - its not discriminate :)

I tried the component ports on the tv hooked up to my pc and I couldnt get it to break so I shall also need to try a different dvd player

What dvd player are you using?

I`m using a Tosh 330 at the moment & I`m gonna try an Acoustic Solutions as a test(when I can get it off my daughter)on the component. I dont have any prob with my pc through vga or with my Xbox through scart.

Exactly the same happened to me using a Toshiba SD-360e with my A321. I swapped it for the Sony equivilent and it works fine now.

Oliver

mb2251 said:
I have an A321 (first batch DVI) and have today hooked up my Cambridge Audio DVD53 player to it via component.

An example of this is the intro to the incredibles dvd - when the bright flash of the Walt Disney sign comes on - screen to black - same ocurs when the pixar 'lamp' turns to face the viewer. This is reproducable every time the disc is played and occurs on other discs in similar situations (e 20th centruy fox intro and varoius other 'white' bits in films. Connecting by scart exhibits none of these issues (albeit a lower quality image :) )

My toshiba dvd does exactly the same thing.I thought it was the dvd recorder but am now begining to wonder I bought brand new cables cost me £30 quid so i dont see it being them .Oh well looks like another fault with this piece of garbage tv .Ive got the original dvi version which repairtech have still not replaced .Ive been waiting since May to get a replacement .and now wish id never bought it.DVD player is ok through scart but intermitantley blacks out when scene ends or cuts to new scene ,it also does it when watching tv through dvd player too.
alecb

Oliverp said:
Exactly the same happened to me using a Toshiba SD-360e with my A321. I swapped it for the Sony equivilent and it works fine now.

Oliver

Swapped the dvd player?

Well I physically swapped it, but I paid for both of them :)

which sony player was it? - we need as much info as possible to sort this out :)

Sorry, i misunderstood your last post. Yes, I swapped the DVD player.

I have the Sony Dvp-ns76h now. It works perfectly over component. It will not upscale over HDMI-DVI though (or atleast the TV reports it can't).

My old Toshiba SD360e could upscale over HDMI-DVI (the TV reported 720p and 1080i etc) but the contrast levels seemed terrible. i.e. Things that are very white or very black had no detail and seemed to be full of pixels - basically it looked rubbish. Also, the component on the Tosh SD360 suffered the same problems mentioned earlier in this thread.

Looking at the Toshiba being able to upscale (if only very poorly), I'm sure we will find a player that can upscale with the A321 - or atleast I hope we can.

Oliver

Sorry for the delay in thispost but I have used an Acoustic Solutions dvd player with the same comp cable & port & it works fine so maybe its a Tosh problem with the A321?

Pug5ley said:
Sorry for the delay in thispost but I have used an Acoustic Solutions dvd player with the same comp cable & port & it works fine so maybe its a Tosh problem with the A321?

And a cambridge audio problem......

I have sent a video of the problem to Repairtech and they have forwarded it to Korea for analysis - if it is something related to the tv then I am hopful it will be fixed somehow.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom