• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hypothetical question.

Gadget Guru

Morning people. I'd like to run this by you all.

Say you knew someone who ordered a new TV in mid-December', for xmas delivery, only to find the TV was not going to be delivered before xmas, as it had not been sent. Say then that the order was canceled, only for the TV to arrive later that same day! Followed by a full refund issued 7 days later.

Hypothetically what would you do in a situation like that?

Phube

Standard Member
I'd
shutup.gif

ukbootlegs

Did you have to sign for the TV?

If so, keep shut until they chase you.

If not, HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!

Alun

Hypothetically the friend I know would say nowt to no-one. not even the missus, then spend the cash on something else.

son_t

I would wait for a month or so... if the company doesn't chase you up then it is as good as yours ;)

I think legally it is like this... If an item arrives at your property (e.g. mis-delivered) and you call the company up and telling them to come and take it away and they don't do it within a certain amount of time then the item becomes yours. Something like that... you will have to check up and check up the amount of time...

In your situation, you canceled the order (hence informing them not to deliver or come and pick it up if they already delivered) then if you wait for a while you might legally own it :)

I would open it up and use it and wait for the call from them to arrange pick up (then pack it up and let them have it if they do call) and wait and see what happens...

Gadget Guru

I would wait for a month or so... if the company doesn't chase you up then it is as good as yours ;)

I think legally it is like this... If an item arrives at your property (e.g. mis-delivered) and you call the company up and telling them to come and take it away and they don't do it within a certain amount of time then the item becomes yours. Something like that... you will have to check up and check up the amount of time...

In your situation, you canceled the order (hence informing them not to deliver or come and pick it up if they already delivered) then if you wait for a while you might legally own it :)

I would open it up and use it and wait for the call from them to arrange pick up (then pack it up and let them have it if they do call) and wait and see what happens...

My friend is of the same opinion as you son_t. Thanks. The clock is ticking it would seem. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom