1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyper Streetfighter 2 Anniversary Edition

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by mr_fantazmo, May 29, 2004.

1. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks!! Did anyone else purchase this classic yesterday? Well worth £20 of anyones money! One thing though, there seems to be no save option, :lesson: does this mean there aren't any unlockable's??

2. Buck Swope

Buck Swope
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got mine this morn (£15.99 from Play). Just stopped playing it, not through choice mind, but my thumb hasn't felt this sore in maybe 10 years. This game has Class A type addiction, two player heaven!!!

I also found the lack of a save option strange. I don't mind there being no unlockables as there usually just a bunch of boring galleries and stuff but as a package (minus the game/s) it is a little bare. And was I the only one expecting a 2 disc package? One for the game one for the movie?

3. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to hear someone else was hooked straight away, it took me a while to get used to it as i've been playing the classic megadrive version :blush: for the last few months. I was under the impression that it had every character included like the ones in 3rd strike etc, i was also expecting 2 discs, i would have preffered the film on a seperate disc but what do you want for less than £20?

The smile on me and my mates face when we finally beat M Bison :D

Games don't get much better than this!!

4. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    Yeah my flatmate bought it, it is pretty good, but the standard PS2 pads seem absolutely awful for pulling off Dragon Punches. I am not sure if the analogue buttons are really suited to SF2.

5. RL123

RL123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I'm playing with a modded Hori SC2 stick and it's fantastic. After using one, there's no way I could go back to using a regular pad to play a fighting game :confused:

But if you don't want to use a stick, how about one of these babies?

http://spong.com/detail/news.asp?prid=6791

I'm tempted to buy one just to look at it :laugh:

6. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    I saw this in town yesterday and thought about getting it as i have SF2 and SF2 Turbo on my Super Nes.

i think ill pop out tomorrow and get this for PS2.

Cheers for the info on this guys!

Dal

7. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's well worth getting if you are Streetfighter fan, has anyone watched the film included on the disc yet? Whats the quality like? I've heard that it's been cut to buggery for them to be allowed to include it!

In fact, instead of being here asking, i think i'll check it out now!! :hiya:

8. H4r7y

H4r7y

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

mate!! i really hope youve played the snes vresion, as the megadrive version was pretty poor compared
    :)
    and the snes pad was nigh perfect for beating the crap of your mates

9. BlueOrange25

BlueOrange25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    I remember back in the day when Street Fighter 2 Turbo came out on the SNES. Me and my mates thought it was mana from heaven though I think only one of us had a copy (not me). :) I was still in primary school, and here it is again now (in its umpteenth incarnation) as I finish uni. :) Might just get a Playstation 2 now. Sniff...nostalgia is expensive these days :rolleyes:

10. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    Thats why i never got rid of my SNES. Street Fighter 2 turbo and Mario Cart - ;0)

Dal

11. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
  12. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my only problem with the snes version was the pad!! I have the same problem with the PS2 shoulder buttons i much preffered the 6 button pad on the megadrive! Thats why i think i'll buy one of the new streetfighter 6 button pads for ps2!!

Oh and if anyone was wondering, the film is absolute bobbins, sound quality and picture quality are equal to a poorly made VCD !! Disappointed to say the least, might get it on dvd!!

13. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    The Megadrive version had a far better pad then the SNES but the SNES looked and sounded better.

Anyway just got my copy this morning and can not wait till I get home tonight to try it. Does it support a 60hz option and if not is the 50hz version optimised?

14. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +722
    No way was the megadrive pad better than the snes, the MD pad was all slow and clunky, whereas the snes pad almost seemed it was designed for SF2, the shoulder buttons for heavy punch and kick were ideal(as they were for MarioKart).

15. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    It does have a 60Hz option.

A bit disappointed that the only unlockable seems to be Azuma. However, the game is as good as ever. Me and my flatmate played a lot over the weekend, however I was always on the sharp end as I was always a Tekken/Soul Calibur man.

16. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nah!! Shoulder buttons are far too awkward to press (for me anyway!!) i might however purchase a decent joystick for the ps2, not too sure whats out there at the moment though, anyone have any good suggestions?? I've just got my Neo geo AES :smashin: so i'm busy trying to get used to using joysticks again!!

By the way, how do you unlock Akuma?

17. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    You can not beat the six button lay out of the MD pad. I am not saying the SNES pad was bad or anything, its just the the MD pad it was easier to hit the diagonals.

So let me get this straight, there is unlockable character but no save mode?

18. mr_fantazmo

mr_fantazmo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i only just found out about akuma being unlockable, but you cannot save anything, everytime i play i have to adjust the screen as it is somewhere off to the left hand side which is annoying! Plus, where are the bonus stages? I want to kick ten shades of crap out of that car!!

I think the game has really been designed as a 2 player game as there is nothing to aim for in 1 player!!

Still bloody good though!!!

19. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hey guys,

Glad to see SF2 still has a strong following these days! I can't imagine how much time & money I've invested in the series over the past 13 years. It is the best video game ever made IMO (Controversial!) In terms of the new PS2 version (jap), I'm a little disappointed by the lack of options & unlockables. The film is good, but you can buy it on dvd for a few quid anyway....

The Dreamcast version of super turbo is also very good, if you can read Kanji!

I was playing it yesterday with my Namco Arcade stick (PS1 stick, but the best available IMO) which helps a great deal, on the hardest difficulty setting.

13 years solid streetfighting and it still takes me 20 credits to complete :suicide:

20. zantarous

zantarous

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I would second that

21. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Great nostalgia trip for me.

"Yoga FIRE............Yoga FLAME!" "HADOKEN!" "sonic BOOOM!"

and various other unpronouncables............ :D

22. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    .....like "tatsu-maki-sen-pu-kyaku" (hurricane dragon feet) that sounds more like "sup-shap-shap-sheer-shap"!!

I used to think Sho-ryu-ken was LORD LUCAN!!! And that ryu had to get "energy" from the sky in order to throw a fireball (i was 11 at the time).

To this day I don't know what Honda says during his sumo torpedo - Mortal Kombat's Rayden also seems to suffer the same problem during his version of the attack too :rotfl:

I still think "tiger uppercut" still sounds like "like her up the c :censored: t".

DT

23. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,100
    To unlock Akuma it is the same for SF II Turbo

Select Super-T
    Highlight Ryu for 5-7 seconds, then quickly go right and highlight T.Hawk for 5-7 seconds then hit left and highlight Guile for 5-7 seconds, now quickly highlight cammy by going down and then right and highlight her for 5-7 seconds, finally quickly highlight ryu by going right to ken then up to ryu and stay on ryu for 5-7 seconds. Now finally end it by pressing start and then the PPP button, you basically have a milisecond before hitting PPP in order to get akuma.

My problem was that I only played SFII against my mates a lot on the SNES then I bought SFII Turbo, at the time my parents moved house and I only really played against my brother and we lost interest kinda quick. When at Uni with many beer fuelled nights we would play Tekken 2 all the time. My 2D fighting skills are now atrocious, but I can whoop butt at Soul Calibur 1/2.

24. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    not sure if its worth the hassle, sinzer. I doubt Akuma has a super move in this version. Without the "Murder Vibration" he is pretty boring to use IMO.

Agreed about T2/SC. You're either a 2D man or a 3D man. Personally, I've never liked 3D fighters, apart from SF EX of course, but that was more 2.5D. There are no fireballs in 3D :(

25. w3dal

w3dal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +507
    I still have the street fighter 2 CD that you got free with the Nintendo magazine back in the day. has all the arcade music and the sound effects.

Didnt get a chance to pop into town yesterday to get this as i was Very Hunover - ;0)

Will pick it up at the weekend now.

Dal

26. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Did someone say there was going to be an xbox version, live enabled? If so, I think that would make me sign up for the service. Oh and maybe Halo 2 might be another reason ;)

27. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Yep xbox version is coming - info from Gamespot......