1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hyndai Plamsa HQP421HR

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pete_muscat, Sep 22, 2005.

1. pete_muscat

pete_muscat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

First post, although spent a bit of time going through others threads to see what Plasmas are out there for a limited budget.

So here it is. In the market for a 42" Plasma & found a site offering the HR for just over 1200 - includes a basic stand & delivery, but no speakers. Thats not a problem though as ive got a home theatre system.

This a good price for a 1024 v 768 set, or are there better offers out there....or should I wait till after chrimbo?

Thanks in advance

Pete.

p.s. 1200 is my max budget for an upgrade before anyone suggets blowing 2k.

p.p.s its def the HR version, not the SR version

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I think you will be disappointed, initially to find that does not include VAT, making it the best part of £1500, but also all previous Hyundais have been distinctly 2nd class, At £1500 there are several other options.
    Moral:- If something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

3. pete_muscat

pete_muscat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    price excluding vat = 1035
    P&P 7.50

Total - 1224.94 (inc vat & delivery)

4. pete_muscat

pete_muscat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Appreciate the comments on the set by the way....just a shame I cant stretch to a pioneer or sony. Like the idea of a 1024 v 768 set though (not sure why mind you), and the 2 year warranty also helps. Can also get a third year for free if I buy it on my credit card.

5. mickymcd

mickymcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
  6. qwiksilver

qwiksilver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the Hyundia HQP421SR and I sending it back and getting a Panasonic DWL8 for an extra few hundred.

I know the HR model has 1024x768 to my SR's 852x480 but that aside there are many flaws with this set. The clarity is quite poor and fast motion (e.g. a football game) really isn't upto the job.

I must claify I'm not an expert, but I have owned a simular plasma and recommend against the Hyundai.

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    The cheapest I can find is 1387, perhaps a link for other Hyundai shoppers would be helpful? Anf few have it in stock, only Novatech, who are more expensive. Several of the really cheap links turned out to be the SR model.

8. CoolCurly

CoolCurly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    Dont think you will find it cheaper then the £1035 you have quoted, but what worries me is that you wont be able to get that price if they havent got stock - the panel increased in price about 2 months ago because of foreign exchange rates (increased in Trade Price!).
    Scan Computers (www.scan.co.uk) have stock at £1373.58 inc VAT but keep an eye on Today Only for specials.

The newer Hyundai Plasmas will not be available until November, and because of the built in MMP Card Player and DVB-T Tuner will be at a higher price when launched.

With Regard to Sony Plasmas, I know for fact that the failure rate at the moment across the board with Sony Plasma is massive.

9. pete_muscat

pete_muscat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    who knew buying a tv would be sooo stresfull....might just keep my little tv & blow the lot on a weekend to vegas.

Prices I found for the tv are below, but some dont include delivery, and with some you get the speakers, wall stand etc. Also, as pointed out, some showing as not in stock....happy shoppin!!!

electricshop.com 2199
    novatech 1446
    CCL computers 1376
    wedgewood group 1439
    plasma tv.co.uk 1799
    internetdirect.co.uk 1417
    24 7 electrical 1980
    uk plasma tv 2099
    advance technologies 1527
    scan computers 1373
    overclockers.co.uk 1351
    micom international 1216