Hydroxychloroquine research

SteveAWOL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well after Trump and Breitbart’s latest touting of Hydroxychloroquine as the cure for COVID-19 by pushing a Dr Stella Immanuel’s video claiming she’s cured hundreds with the drug, I thought this warranted it’s own thread...

God help us....... 😅😷
He already has. Ever hear the joke about the Priest on the roof saying "God will save me?".
A storm descends on a small town, and the downpour soon turns into a flood. As the waters rise, the local preacher kneels in prayer on the church porch, surrounded by water. By and by, one of the townsfolk comes up the street in a canoe.
"Better get in, Preacher. The waters are rising fast."
"No," says the preacher. "I have faith in the Lord. He will save me."
Still the waters rise. Now the preacher is up on the balcony, wringing his hands in supplication, when another guy zips up in a motorboat.
"Come on, Preacher. We need to get you out of here. The levee's gonna break any minute."
Once again, the preacher is unmoved. "I shall remain. The Lord will see me through."
After a while the levee breaks, and the flood rushes over the church until only the steeple remains above water. The preacher is up there, clinging to the cross, when a helicopter descends out of the clouds, and a state trooper calls down to him through a megaphone.
"Grab the ladder, Preacher. This is your last chance."
Once again, the preacher insists the Lord will deliver him.
And, predictably, he drowns.
A pious man, the preacher goes to heaven. After a while he gets an interview with God, and he asks the Almighty, "Lord, I had unwavering faith in you. Why didn't you deliver me from that flood?"
God shakes his head. "What did you want from me? I sent you two boats and a helicopter."
We have everything we need to beat this stupidity, but people still listen to it. Although I'm beginning to think Social Media may be Lucifer's greatest invention. o_O o_O

Just watching the interview on BBC with Dr. Fauci.

Says that the evidence categorically shows that this drug is not an effective treatment for the virus.

I'm curious for the opinion of those who have done a lot of research on this topic. I got sent this link:

It looks like it's attempting to perform a meta-analysis of all the studies of HCQ and their results, and then splitting it out according to regional usage of the drug - with their hypothesis being that if used in a timely manner, and possibly with the right combination of drugs, it has a significant impact on COVID-19 mortality. This is the specific one I'm referring to, though there is a lot more on the site.

Their FAQ claims to be a compiled view of all studies on hydroxychloroquine. They also claim to be esteemed researchers fearful for their reputations for going against the grain regarding HCQ research.

I consider myself relatively scientifically literate, but I'm struggling to understand if there is an agenda at play here or not.

All you need to know is that Trump thinks it works ;)

Seriously though, and without having looked at it yet, it does seem a bit suspect. I'll have a read.

All you need to know is that Trump thinks it works ;)

Seriously though, and without having looked at it yet, it does seem a bit suspect. I'll have a read.

I found this, which gives a bit of perspective.

Also this and this.

It's incredible the amount of effort that has gone into that work to misrepresent the data.

Last edited:
I'm confused already :) 1.8 billion in the treatment group? Only 24 million people worldwide have even contracted it. If I'm reading it right they are saying more people die in countries that haven't used HCQ than countries that do. But it's as simple as that, I don't think they've actually looked at whether individual cases were treated with HCQ. Which suggests that they've found a vague correlation, but not necessarily any causation.

Edit:
I found this, which gives a bit of perspective.
Thanks. I don't think I'll make any further attempt to unravel their data :laugh:

That second link you added seems to confirm I was along the right track that it's a load of ******** :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom