• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Hybrid HDMI - Snake oil?

Thresherinc

Established Member
Saw an advert for these the other day.

Hybrid Fibre Optic HDMI cable – The Media Factory

Why google thinks targeting me with AV adds is a good idea I have no idea.
:rotfl:

Anyway, did a search through the forums here, couldn't find anything, so was wondering if any of you guys have seen/heard anything about them.

If they go down in price they may be a reasonable alternative to Ethernet runs, etc.

steelman1991

Prominent Member
They seem to have been well received in US for longer cable runs where full bandwidth 4k 60fps 4.4.4 is required.

I'm sure Joe (owner of the Media Factory and a sponsor on here) will be along shortly to extol their virtues.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'If they go down in price' - there is always a Comedian in the house :)

'Over CAT' solutions can't match the bandwidth of Fibre - if they could Fibre would not be getting a look in.

Joe

steelman1991

Prominent Member
'If they go down in price' - there is always a Comedian in the house :)

'Over CAT' solutions can't match the bandwidth of Fibre - if they could Fibre would not be getting a look in.

Joe

You managed to try these yet?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Not as yet - other than seeing them at a Trade Show.

I've been talking to some folk who have been giving them a pretty comprehensive set of 'real world' tests over in the US and am confident about their abilities.

Joe

steelman1991

Prominent Member
Not as yet - other than seeing them at a Trade Show.

I've been talking to some folk who have been giving them a pretty comprehensive set of 'real world' tests over in the US and am confident about their abilities.

Joe

Yes they seem to have been well received by users on AVSForum. The CEO was even active on the thread recently. Presumably the shortest length is 10M. Don't need that length but could accommodate the extra length. What sort of warranty do they carry?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
We should have a 6m option late June/early July.

In the UK you have a 2-Yr warranty.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom