• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

HXD860 firmware upload problem

lovebeard

Standard Member
I have been having some problems with my sony RDR-HXD860 and from what i read i need to get the firmware updated. However the update button on my recorder has been switched off ever since i bought it about 4 years ago and i have missed all the updates.
My question is will i get the updates now my machine has been set to receive them....

any help would be great as it is driving me mad
:lease::lease::lease::lease:

The latest softwear version for the HXD860 is v1.01.11 CE.

This can be checked by going to "setup", press "enter", going to "DTV Settings", and selecting "Technical information".

I found my recorder misbehaves if you leave the "Digital Softwear Upgrade indefinately set to "On", so I only turned it on when Sony were actually broadcasting the OAD.

You can check when the next time the OAD is due to be broadcast by Googling "DTG Download Schedule". Make sure the machine is "sleeping" to accept the download.

My experience is that it is sent about every 4-6 weeks.

Good luck mate:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Lovebeard-Before you power-down your recorder ready for the update, ensure it is set to BBC One.;)

a2c39a

Standard Member
Hi All,

Has anyone managed to get this OAD since this thread started in November?
Sony tell me there will be no more runs of this OAD and I must take my machine to an authorised dealer and pay £40 to £50 pounds for them to do it!!
At one time a chap on the Sony help desk told me how to do it with a file downloaded from the Sony web site, burnt to a CD. When I looked, the downloads were not where he said they would be (In orange at the bottom of page). I contacted Sony again and asked where the downloads were. They told me he was wrong, I could not do it that way and must take to a dealer and pay!
Did he think I was a dealer and are the orange downloads only available to those with dealer logon?

Does anyone know where I can get the V1.01.11CE firmware upgrade file as I am fully conversant with firmware upgrades and do not want to pay a Sony dealer to do this simple job!

Many thanks for any help.

Best wishes, John.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom