HXD 710 Installation

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sodgob, Nov 3, 2005.

1. sodgob

sodgob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just purchased my new recorder & firstly may i admit to being no genius when it comes to electronics ..i have finally installed it ...i think !! & all appears to be working well, other than i cannot receive ITV 1/2 /3 /4 & chan 5 via the freeview...i put this down to needing a better aerial ?..any comments please. it is presently working connected via scart leads ..pattern A . i would like to know if there is any advantage connecting also the video/audio cord. which was supplied ,.pattern B ?.
    it is connected to a NTL box & loewe TV.
    many thanks for any guidance.
    for anyone's info ..it was purchased from Total Digital £ 369.

2. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +443
    Regarding the reception question, the aerial would normally be the first thing to suspect. Have you used Freeview before with an STB?

In terms of connections, SCART would normally be better than the audio/video (red/yellow/white) connections. Make sure you have RGB enabled in the menu.

The only way to improve output further would be to connect the 710 via component outputs, but this depends on whether your TV can accept the signal.

3. sodgob

sodgob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks dave , i have never used freeview before & am very happy with the pic quality on the stations i can receive ,just didnt know if i had to have the other rgb leads connected as well as scart.

4. sodgob

sodgob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the other problem i have & i realise i am probably making hard work out of this , is ...when the display shows TV & underneath L1..i press rec to record the channel showing on my NTL box.. this records fine , i then press rec stop & then title list ..when the list appears i get a very loud vibrating noise which will not go off until i press the TV/DVD button ..i am totally lost ...help please .

5. smallmanongn

smallmanongn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For whatever reason it is probably the hard disc spinning causing the vibration,what is the player stood on?

6. sodgob

sodgob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it is not an actual vibration , maybe more of a resonating(throbbing) sound that can be controlled by the volume control.