1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HX1000 - recording from a TV's AV connection

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Alan Jones, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Alan Jones

Alan Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony HX1000 connected to my TV via Scart ('AV1' on the TV to 'Line 1' on the HX1000).

I have my VHS video recorder plugged into 'AV2' on my TV via Scart.

Is there any way to record the output from the video onto my HX1000 with this arrangement ?

I can't plug the video into 'Line 3' on the HX1000 as I have a SKY box plugged into that. The VHS video recorder has no other outputs than Scart.

Thanks in advance.

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I don't know the HX1000, but I assume it has phono composite-video and audio in (on the front?), and your VCR has equivalent 'outs'.

You could use three RCA video/audio lead set to connect them (essentially three RCA leads). If it's an s-vhs VCR use an s-video lead instead of the composite video RCA lead. Using front sockets is untidy, but you may not need a permanent connection.

If the VCR doesn't have 'out' phono sockets, you may be able to use its second scart (if it has one) with a scart-RCA conversion lead. Many of these are switched to select the signal direction: scart -> phono or vice versa.

3. Helen M

Helen M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi Alan

I've just bought the HX 900 which is the same apart from the size of HDD. Basically I substituted the HX 900 for the
    VCR and use the video only ocasionally.

Line 1 - TV

Line 3 - Sky box which goes to the other scart on TV

If I want to use the video to copy or watch I take the Sky box scart out of Line 3 and connect the scart form the VCR.

You need to check your input selector for recording to dvd.

Line 1 for anything from Sky

Line 3 for anything from the video.

You also need to alter the set up in the system menu (Sony help line advised me) select 'Set up', video, scart setting and it is the 4th one down (the first one that says RGB/video) and select that one.

It sounds fiddly and other than that try a scart splitter.

By the way if you ever need Sony help DO NOT use the O8705 111999 which costs you a bomb, use 01635 869500 at normal land line rates. They were extremely helpful.

Hope this is of some help to you!

Helen

PS the tel no is from www.saynoto0870.com useful site!